Old 06-06-2017, 08:31 AM   #29
1 Rivet Member

Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Got my Basecamp back and have already taken it out and all is well, I'm back in business. Thanks to Foley RV!!

ToddA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:39 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Garland , Texas
Saw that they started advertising the updated 2018 on Facebook today. A few changes with electrical, screen, and what I think is the new axle design. Can't seem to get the specifics on it without putting my info in to get the brochure. Anyone seen the details?

Trae and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:11 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Folsom , California
Hi Planobenz,

I have a 17 Ridgeline Black Edition - how do you like towing your BC with it? Do you use a WDH or Anti-Sway or nothing?

Thanks for the help.

Pat
camperguy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:59 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Sunset Valley , Texas
I was at the Airstream dealer recently with my son looking for a random part. After visiting the parts department we started poking around in different models. We looked in a basecamp via the side door, then around to the back door. When I opened the back door, water began spewing out of the screw holes at the bottom where the cargo net thing is. There was a couple of missing screws on the hinge side and it was like a water gun. My son (5yo) was laughing and saying how bad this thing must be to leak like that. As I closed the door and turned around, there was the salesman with an elderly couple who were obviously coming to look at the basecamp. The look on the salesmans face was priceless. The couple turned around and walked away. Such a surreal couple minutes.

Price tag was around $35,000.
Freshwater tank in the door is a novel concept.

Ian
Iansk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:16 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

Pompano Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iansk View Post
I was at the Airstream dealer recently with my son looking for a random part. After visiting the parts department we started poking around in different models. We looked in a basecamp via the side door, then around to the back door. When I opened the back door, water began spewing out of the screw holes at the bottom where the cargo net thing is. There was a couple of missing screws on the hinge side and it was like a water gun. My son (5yo) was laughing and saying how bad this thing must be to leak like that. As I closed the door and turned around, there was the salesman with an elderly couple who were obviously coming to look at the basecamp. The look on the salesmans face was priceless. The couple turned around and walked away. Such a surreal couple minutes.

Ian

PapaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:39 PM   #34
4 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Conway , Arkansas
Quote:

Ian
Some thoughts on the back door leaks. The 'first' BCs made had a narrow gutter at the top of the door (outside). Mine has the wider gutter, which I assume they realized was needed. BUT, mine also just has a half gasket around the inside of the door frame, at the top half of the door. Others, as well as I, observe dust getting in the lower part of the door. I will probably add more gasket on my back door, to make it go all the way around. I believe I've read that the 2018 has a gasket all the way around the inside door frame. I do love your son's reaction though!!
Gail Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:07 PM   #35
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Gainesville , Florida
Quote:

Ian
Was that a 2018 model?
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:52 AM   #36
1 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Plano , Texas
I have a Black Edition also and in the hunt for 2018 BC. Negotiating one with the correct fridge but Airstream won't allow mods even if they correct design flaws.

I have towed a bunch with my Ridgy. It performs wonderfully. Not expecting to use WD or sway. Pulling with AWD and the other automated stuff should easily handle things.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:14 AM   #37
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Folsom , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planobenz View Post
I have a Black Edition also and in the hunt for 2018 BC. Negotiating one with the correct fridge but Airstream won't allow mods even if they correct design flaws.

I have towed a bunch with my Ridgy. It performs wonderfully. Not expecting to use WD or sway. Pulling with AWD and the other automated stuff should easily handle things.

Thanks. Eager to hear how it handles the BC. I tow a jumping jack w side by side on top, about 3,000 lbs and it works just fine.

Pat

Folsom, CA
camperguy58 is offline   Reply With Quote