Old 05-07-2018, 09:26 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2018 Basecamp
Mariposa , California
Originally Posted by AirstreamInc View Post
"Through additional testing, feedback on Airforums and communication from customers, Airstream identified an opportunity for excess water to leak into the Basecamp refrigerator compartment through the exterior, vented refrigerator access door. Although these compartments are designed to take some water, there may be a need to take additional steps to prevent excess water from entering this area.

Airstream has engineered and tested a solution to address this and communicated to our dealer network through a service bulletin on May 4, 2017. Basecamp owners who took delivery before this date can have this service bulletin addressed under factory warranty at their preferred Airstream dealer. All other Basecamps are not affected."

Mine is a 2018. Unless the dealership knows about the sticker/gasket, and it's not replaced every time a vent is removed, there will be leaking.

Capastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:47 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
greeneville , Tennessee
Camper quality

I finally traded my Basecamp for another brand in a size that fits our needs. The BC was just too small and I had constant problems with leaks. Airstream should offer refunds and buy backs on all of the early basecamps. They just didnít have it buttoned down when it came out. I hope they do now because it is a great conceptójust poorly executed. Getting one fixed is a 1-2 month delay as well. I will never buy another airstream product. Aside from the aluminum exterior, thereís nothing special about their quality. Itís an illusion wrapped in an alloy body.

forddealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:53 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

2018 Basecamp
Mariposa , California
Well said.
Capastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:19 AM   #18

2017 Basecamp
Ste-therese , Quebec
Basecamp Leaking

So we brought again our BC for the fifth time last Saturday. I spoke to the dealer and they don't know the Problem, they never heard an other case in the Qc province at this time. Still no respond of Airstream yet to. Does any body have ever heard about an Airstream Exchange unit? or they just repair it till the end..
Any suggestion to make the progress faster and easier for everyone?

Thanks
PBarnabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 02:00 PM   #19

2018 Basecamp
Pace , Florida
Base camp leaking

I have had my basecamp for almost a year and have been o dealer 11 times for warranty and leak problems. They cannot seem to figure out why it continues to leak around grill behind refrigerator. They keep telling me to do things that dealership just finished doing. Very frustrating as we purchased a airstream to avoid this type of problem and lack of service from airstream (Jeremy). Would never buy another airstream and would sell this one with only 1 week long trip under our belt. Hope we can get resolution shortly but wanted to let others know of airstream poor product and service.

Mike

)
Mike bradfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 02:44 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Waco , Texas
Though I own a FC 25FB and have no real problems with this trailer, many on the Airstream Addicks (Facebook App) are also complaining about the Basecamp model and the very same issues: dominate issues are leaking roofs and faulty refrigerator setups.

This is beginning to sound like a serious product design flaw. As many Basecamp owners typically upgrade to full size trailers, so Airstream could lose a significant future customer base. Hopefully, Airstream assigns an engineering team to quickly identify the cause and make needed repairs.
Martee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:14 PM   #21

2018 Basecamp
Pace , Florida
Martee
Agree with your thoughts. Our plans were to start small and move up in size. The one trip we did take to north Georgia we loved. Can’t say that I would ever go back to an airstream.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:24 PM   #22

2018 Basecamp
Pace , Florida
Capastel
I have a 2018 basecamp and it has been leaking since day one. When trailer is in storage and sitting level is when it leaks(badly). When I put the tongue down it won’t leak. I have had it back to dealer 11 times and every time they say they did the water test after their repair and it didn’t leak. Soon as I get it home and it rains it leaks. Airstream (Jeremy)just throws suggestions out not knowing if they will work or not. Very frustrating that they warranty their product like this.
I will never get another Airstream and I tell everyone I know.
Good luck with yours
Mike
Old 06-11-2018, 09:03 AM   #23
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Hi Mike bradfor,

We are very sorry for the issues that you are having with your 2018 Basecamp. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team.

We look forward to helping you get this resolved. Thank You.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:00 AM   #24

2017 Basecamp
Ste-therese , Quebec
Basecamp problem

Hi, just got some news froms Airstream Ohio!
So they called my dealer yesterday to make an offer.
If I take my trailer to jackson center, they are gonna work on it. I do have to bring it there, by myself and a week long.
Iím from canada btw and as a normal humain, ainít got no time for a trip in Jackson Center .

In an other time, a got an other good news! My roof just started rusting and the side door too.

Iím tired by this poor service of Airstream I know its a general problem, but what happened during the fabrication?

And Airstream Inc, If you read this, you must take my VIN number for a seccondg time and be as your reputation is.

We all bought this trailer for the quality and the design. But its time for you, Airstream, to make our trailer new and clean as a new one, not a old rebuild one after only a year.

Sincerely do something good

Phil
PBarnabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:48 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Waco , Texas
Phil, you should try to accommodate the Airstream repair offer. Perhaps have a towing company drive it down to JC for you. Then you do the Basecamp pickup when you have time available. Good Luck.

Martee
Martee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:50 AM   #26
Rivet Master

Lakes Region , New Hampshire
I'm sorry, but Phil should only have to accommodate Airstream as much as taking it back to his original dealer. Airstream should then have their next delivery drop off driver return to Ohio with his trailer and then return it to him the same way. In no way should he have to accommodate $1000 in personal expenses because their product is a P.O.S. his only mistake was in trusting them that the Airstream name stood for something... they should take the Airstream name off all their products and put a big THOR up there and see how the sales do then.
JMHO
RandyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:39 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
In all honesty, the original Basecamp was a POS as well as the reissue. The problems and leaks have been well documented for years, even including the first reviews of the new reissues as they leaked like an unclamped catheter while proudly on full display at RV shows. If someone still chooses to blindly trust a company like Airstream then they are partly to blame-no matter what they paid. Expecting to get a well-made Basecamp is a pipe dream and everyone (even Airstream Apologists) knows it.

It's kinda like shaving your privates with a potato peeler then wondering why you're all cut to hell. Documented historical results must be part of your decision. And, of course, good old common sense. This IS Airstream ya know. If you still throw your money away don't be surprised when it all goes literally to pot.
HUSK N TUSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:52 AM   #28

2017 Basecamp
North Granby , Connecticut
2017 Leaks and more.

Yes, my 2017 Basecamp purchased in January of 2018 leaks. I have to go out after every rain storm and sop up the water. Leaks from the front window mostly although rain blew in from the back door once as well. I wish the leaking water were the only things wrong with it. I can't use the shower as the shower valve sprays water out of the back side if turned on. The refrigerator stopped working prior to our 3rd trip. The bathroom door seal is a mess and sticks to the door when opened. The LP gas detector "chirps" as though the battery is low, but it is not. I have been waiting almost two months for my dealer to do anything about this. I have considered taking it out to JC to have the factory fix it but it sounds like the wait for an appointment is into December. It looks like we are not going to get much use out of this trailer this year. Never again will buy American, poor quality, bad workmanship, dealership does not care.

PiggieKen is offline   Reply With Quote