Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2017, 09:09 AM   #41
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Bummer, but I'm confident that a good dealer will quickly find and fix those leaks for you. While it is there, have them go over all the seals at every seam. You obviously found a fast leak, but there could also be other slow ones. Also, the warranty on seals is only 6 months, so get this handled right away.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 02:02 PM   #42
4 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Conway , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmnhead View Post
Dang it, we had a heavy rain and our Basecamp had a puddle on the floor. It appears to be leaking either around the front window or the refrigerator vents behind the propane tanks, because the water seeped under the refrigerator. It's back at the dealership.
Well drats!!! Mine will leak too. Here is a photo of the gap between the vent for the refrigerator and the front of the camper. This is behind the cover for the LP bottles. Be sure and check yours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seal above refrigerator vent.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	280033  
Gail Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 02:05 PM   #43
4 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Conway , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Miller View Post
Well drats!!! Mine will leak too. Here is a photo of the gap between the vent for the refrigerator and the front of the camper. This is behind the cover for the LP bottles. Be sure and check yours.
Here is another photo, that I labeled.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_MG_9917.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	352.8 KB
ID:	280034  
Old 02-18-2017, 02:42 PM   #44
2 Rivet Member

2011 19' Victorinox
2017 Basecamp
Lacey , Washington
Quote:
Gail,

Oh No!!!! I'm sure that is exactly where mine is leaking. I dropped it off yesterday and I was able to show them the water on the floor as it had just rained. The water comes in through the front, then under the counter/refrigerator and runs all over the floor. I'll try to attach some photos.

Katherine
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0360.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	448.0 KB
ID:	280036   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0361.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	401.4 KB
ID:	280037  

Name:	IMG_0362.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	280038  
4WetPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 03:33 PM   #45
2 Rivet Member

2011 19' Victorinox
2017 Basecamp
Lacey , Washington
Here's a photo of my Basecamp…
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0252.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	460.3 KB
ID:	280043  
Old 02-18-2017, 03:56 PM   #46
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Garland , Arkansas
2017 Basecamp Issues

I see a small separation on the seal behind the propane tank but haven't had any leaks. Drove in pouring rain home one time too. But it makes me want to extend our weekend trip another day just to make sure.. rain in forecast Sunday night... among not wanting to go back to work Monday!!
Trae and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 05:31 PM   #47
4 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Conway , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WetPaws View Post
Gail,

Oh No!!!! I'm sure that is exactly where mine is leaking. I dropped it off yesterday and I was able to show them the water on the floor as it had just rained. The water comes in through the front, then under the counter/refrigerator and runs all over the floor. I'll try to attach some photos.

Katherine
Yep, I'm pretty sure mine would do the same. The seal around the refrigerator vent on mine would definitely let water in. Thank you for sharing Katherine.

Gail
Old 02-18-2017, 05:41 PM   #48
4 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Conway , Arkansas
Quote:
Yep, I'm pretty sure mine would do the same. The seal around the refrigerator vent on mine would definitely let water in. Thank you for sharing Katherine.

Gail
I wonder if Airstream is going to say 'if it doesn't leak, we won't replace/repair it'? I'm not really interested in pouring water on mine just to see if it leaks.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:13 PM   #49
3 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
2018 16' Sport
Long beach , Mississippi
Rained big time here last night no rain leaks, how would one recognize the water tank situation ?
jasmine
Jazgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:42 PM   #50
4 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Conway , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazgrass View Post
Rained big time here last night no rain leaks, how would one recognize the water tank situation ?
jasmine
I called my dealership and asked if my camper was part of the recall and they said "no". I assume, if you filled the water tank to capacity, you would see water either on the ground or inside the camper, on the floor, around the table bases.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:01 PM   #51
2 Rivet Member

2011 19' Victorinox
2017 Basecamp
Lacey , Washington
Quote:
I called my dealership and asked if my camper was part of the recall and they said "no". I assume, if you filled the water tank to capacity, you would see water either on the ground or inside the camper, on the floor, around the table bases.
Gail,

The way they explained it to me is that if you filled the water tank to capacity, it would leak into whatever compartment the water tank is stored in. I will see if I can get a copy of the service bulletin.

Katherine
Old 02-19-2017, 04:58 PM   #52
3 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
2018 16' Sport
Long beach , Mississippi
Luna Sea Shake down moves forward..

Had a great day with the Luna Sea (My BC). I spent some time with the Manuals.
I hooked up my new B.Ox, all good, easy peasy. Then towed her around the neighborhood off Gulf roads a bit. Felt good. Then in the lot behind the house I took a few shots at backing. I have mirrors ordered, so I did not have any extension. Used the bottom of the steering wheel... and no she does not behave like the 18 foot hobie... tough luck that ! So practice is in order.

I'm putting this in issues, just cause I love my BC (Luna Sea). And if there are problems in shake down, so be it. In our previous 4 streams there was always an issue. What matters to me is my Dealer Foley RV is first rate. I have never had a problem they did not solve. Ditto Airstream. And my Luna Sea is beautiful, she is not the Beta Demo they had early on. So anyone considering one. Don't miss taking a look.
She looks like Adventure
jasmine
I'll update the punch list I come up with end of week. Thanks everyone for sharing.
Jazgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:24 PM   #53
2 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
2019 22' Sport
Forest Grove , Oregon
I have not noticed any water leak but I have not filled the water tank to full; I picked mine up 1 wk ago; I do agree that the gas tank compartment lid is a joke and a poor design.
KayakGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:41 AM   #54
2 Rivet Member

Warren , Pennsylvania
2017 Basecamp Issues

Hey All, my back hatch door is a ridiculous PITA to open and only other issue I've found is my holding tank vent was not lap sealed or capped.[ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0910.JPG
Views:	304
Size:	379.3 KB
ID:	280263  
Bogy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:47 AM   #55
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogy4 View Post
Hey All, my back hatch door is a ridiculous PITA to open and only other issue I've found is my holding tank vent was not lap sealed or capped.[ATTACH]
Wow. That's a big miss.
SeaLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:06 AM   #56
2 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Decatur , Georgia
That holding tank vent looks like a problem. Our back hatch door was initially difficult to open (it took both hands to pull the latch open), but I can easily do it with one hand now. It may (or not) get easier with time.

Another pointer on doors - the guy doing the walk-through with us said not to use the deadbolt when towing because they can get stuck with all the motion. Well, needless to say, the door swung open on the road (although locked) and we were lucky not to hit anyone with it. I mentioned this to the dealership and they said they "would have a talk" with the guy that told us that. SO, be sure to use the deadbolt when towing the trailer.
Lmnhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:20 AM   #57
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Seattle , Washington
We just got ours (also in WA), and took it out for its maiden voyage. No significant issues fortunately - but a couple of questions:

(1) We are unable to unscrew one of the table legs from the floor. The release button presses down - however when holding the button down the table leg will not twist (it seems to be screwed in there pretty tight). Does anyone know a trick to getting it unstuck/un-screwed?

(2) Was the Basecamp supposed to come with a socket for the lug nuts on the wheels? There is not enough space for a regular lug socket to fit over the wheel lug nuts.

(3) I have noticed the running lights and one tail light turned on in our driveway, when it is not connected to power. Is this normal with the solar panels? Or have we possibly left a switch on somewhere that we should turn off (all four interior light switches are off...)?

(4) What do you recommend for leveling the Basecamp from side to side when parking it in an uneven campsite? My understanding is that the built-in stabilizer jacks are only supposed to be used for stabilization; and not for raising one side or the other. So I'm not sure what the best approach is to level between right/left.

We'd appreciate any/all advice!
Diocletian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:00 PM   #58
2 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Decatur , Georgia
1) We never got one of the table legs unscrewed from our first trip. It's at the dealership now for a leak and we asked them to look at it. We also bought a strap wrench, hoping that would work for future problems.

4) I bought an Anderson leveler for side to side leveling, but haven't had to use it yet. It had good reviews. You can also use stacked boards/pads. Definitely do not use the stabilizer jacks.

That's all for my experience!
Lmnhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:55 PM   #59
1 Rivet Member

Wheat Ridge , Colorado
Could you elaborate a bit to help potential buyers? What is wrong with the propane tank lid compartment?
denver133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:16 PM   #60
2 Rivet Member

Warren , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by denver133 View Post
Could you elaborate a bit to help potential buyers? What is wrong with the propane tank lid compartment?

Both the lid and the tray above the propane tanks under the lid is designed poorly. They don't fit snugly and the lid is not a simple up and down. Meaning every time you open it and close it, it requires both hands and you have to jockey them around in order to get them back to their truly closed position. AS stores their "split" tool (the hand crank for the stabilizers) in that compartment which doesn't clip in either so it vibrates and is annoying while trailering. The lid won't stay up w/o assistance so you have to hold it and only have one free hand to access the compartment, unless you balance the lid on your head. Probably sounds nit picky but for the coin we're spending, some more time and effort could've went into the design. If you get a chance, mess with one at a dealer and you'll quickly see what we're talking about. Hope that helps.
Bogy4 is offline   Reply With Quote