Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Base Camp
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-27-2018, 06:10 AM   #881
3 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Kings Park , New York
That's a nice idea in cutting out the propane cover. I though of this as well. There's a lot of space in there where the fan could blow air.
MrKenmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:00 PM   #882
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Air conditioner missing

FYI there is a new thread in the Repair forum about a Basecamp air conditioner flying off the roof apparently:

[click on orange arrow to go there]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanB View Post
You just can't make this kind of stuff up ...
We have a 2018 Basecamp. We've already put about 15k miles on it. But we were driving thru GA yesterday and were caught in a rainstorm with heavy winds. When we stopped for the night I noticed a lot of light coming thru the AC unit ... went outside to examine and ... well... its simply gone???
I genuinely have no idea exactly where and when but, I'd guess it's sitting on the side of the hwy somewhere. I just hope it didn't hit anyone when it flew off.
Anyway, any advice on what to do? I bought all the warranties and extra service packages so I know it's covered (or I hope it is ... ) but, I'm in Jackson Mississippi, headed to Shreeveport LA. Im assuming I need to find a registered Airstream service center ...
This is my first trailer and first significant problem.
Thanks for any advice !!
As Bryan said, you can't make this stuff up!

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 12:05 PM   #883

2017 Basecamp
Gulf Breeze , Florida
2017 Basecamp Propane Alarm Issues:

Propane alarm going off. It appears to go off when battery spikes to 14.8. Is it the battery? We have brought to dealer (3) Xs regarding this. Just picked up last week and dealer had for a month. Dealer said they couldn't replicate. So we're back for less than a week and it's going off again.

Need help
Go gators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:08 PM   #884
1 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Flagstaff , Arizona
2017 Basecamp Propane Alarm Issues:

Our propane alarm goes off when the Basecamp gets hot inside and it is closed up. The dealer in Scottsdale said it was because the heat caused dust to rise and triggered the alarm. It's one of the more minor annoyances.
basecamp516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:26 AM   #885
2 Rivet Member

2018 Basecamp
Memphis , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go gators View Post
Propane alarm going off. It appears to go off when battery spikes to 14.8. Is it the battery? We have brought to dealer (3) Xs regarding this. Just picked up last week and dealer had for a month. Dealer said they couldn't replicate. So we're back for less than a week and it's going off again.

Need help
Check to make sure propane line is not resting against Refrigerator coils. My 2018 Basecamp propane line was fried due to this failure.
BC18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:27 AM   #886
2 Rivet Member

2018 Basecamp
Memphis , Tennessee
Check to make sure propane line is not resting against Refrigerator coils. My 2018 Basecamp propane line was fried due to this failure.
BC18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:32 PM   #887
1 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Albuquerque , New Mexico
My propane alarm also goes off when hot and closed up. I’m skeptical of the dust explanation but would really like to hear solutions. I’ve thought about disconnecting but there is the whole death by asphyxiation thing.
ArawayCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 08:15 AM   #888
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArawayCamper View Post
My propane alarm also goes off when hot and closed up. I’m skeptical of the dust explanation but would really like to hear solutions. I’ve thought about disconnecting but there is the whole death by asphyxiation thing.
Hi

Can you smell propane when it goes off? If not then it's not going off based on propane. The "stink stuff" they put in propane is there at a concentration that you *will* smell it long before it will kill you.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 11:25 AM   #889
1 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Has anyone with a 2017 BC replaced the standard propane/electric refrigerator with an electric/battery powered refrigerator? If so does it cool the fridge better than the standard installation. I was told by the dealer that all new BC are coming without the electric/propane fridge.
Vladius is offline   Reply With Quote