Old 09-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member
1969 31' Sovereign
middleboro , Massachusetts
I am in MA as well. I have seen an ad on craigslist-1972 27' airstream - $1500 (Wakefield ri)

1972 27' airstream

I have not seen the trailer, but it may be worth looking at.

Best of luck, and thanks for your service.

supergg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #16
Rivet Master
1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois

jacklamb, First let me dispel any idea of mating other years of Airstream bodies together! All rivet lines will be different from each individual trailer no matter what model in the three years you have to work with. The only luck you may have is donor parts from '66 to '68 as those are the only years that have the curved windows/ribs and panels that match the curve of the body panels/ribs that you have.
Secondly, the ribs are all set in a jig for each body style at the factory so, once again, the only ribs that will fit are from the above three years.
Third, you would be well advised to part out this trailer and use the money you acquire to help pay for a trailer that has at least a decent chance of being usable as a camper. Too much damage on this one for even the most experienced A/S restorer to even consider trying to repair.
Lastly, I will send you a Private message with my phone # and you can call me regarding how to market individual parts from the trailer. To the right persons the parts from your scrap trailer would be very welcomed as some of them are hard to come by. I will be happy to share with you how to go about the disassembly as to reap the most $$$ from the available parts. To be clear you have some parts I would like to have and I would be willing to purchase those at any time you have them removed from your donor parts trailer. (PM) Private Message to follow shortly.
Thank You for your Service, Ed

1967 Safari Twin "Landshark" w/International trim package
1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat!
When I looked at the tire... I noticed your CAT!"
Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Wow. At first I thought it was a joke, then saw that you were new to the forums.

Part it out. That'll give you some experience working on the trailers, removing rivets and the like. Then you'll have some money and experience to apply to a trailer that can appreciate it. What you can't part, recycle, and again pick up some cash. Even the frame you can recycle to some extent at a metal recycling station. All of this will give you experience you can use.

Now, if the tree had taken out the middle, and not down the center, you could cut out the damaged middle section and shorten the trailer. That could be fun, but not in this case.

robwok is offline   Reply With Quote