Old 12-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #29
Rivet Master
1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Originally Posted by beckybillrae View Post'd need more than a couple sleeping bags! But my little trailer is only 17 ft. long, so a couple would do it!

You've got bigger problems than hail, someone stole half your trailer!

OK, I'll admit there are times when I really appreciate the virtues of the little trailers. However, this is the first time that covering one with sleeping bags has come up as one of the virtues.

vswingfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:33 AM   #30
Rivet Master
1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
Watermelon and peas. Whos bringin the fried chicken? Sal

Sal & Nora
Let us live so that when we die even the undertaker will be sorry. Mark Twain
AIR 42483
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member
1972 31' Excella 500
Mount Vernon , Is For Lovers
Hail fix

I love the wisdom! Sometimes the toughest problem has the easiest answer.
Sylver Slypr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member
1994 34' Limited
Sulphur Springs , Texas
I agree. I am a "stormer" and read insurance paper work daily. People are surprised to Find they have ACV (actual cash value) policies as opposed to RCV (replacement cost value). Granted these are homes but the paperwork is similar.

Another VERY important thing is to know you CAN supplement your insurance to try and get what it would realistically cost to repair or replace. Their price lists are not always accurate and their idea of necessary is not always right on.

For EX: I had a commercial property where they paid to remove the rooftop a/c units. They didn't include the disconnecting of gas lines, capping off, etc or the crane to get them down. They didn't in include an electrician for the electric lines sitting on the roof etc. They told the owner it was "included" when it clearly wasn't when broken down. It amounted to an unfathomable amount at least 10K with the size of the property they would have been out of pocket.

I'm sorry I didn't have an RV example but its important none-the-less. Know your stuff and NEVER let them think you're unsure.

Also, call the 800 # to file a claim. Not your agent.hopfully you'll get someone from the catastrophe team. They are trained in hail where-as local adjuster have a broader training.

Once you have your adjustment summary, see what's missing. Then submit a supplement to the 800 team, not the original adjuster. They tend to get offended when you point out their mistakes.

Other than your deductible you should never have any out of pocket if you have the right policy and stay involved in the adjustment process.

I could write an entire thread on just this, this is my entire career.
Shehanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member
1994 34' Limited
Sulphur Springs , Texas
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post

The world record hailstone (Keloland, South Dakota, July 2010) weighed less than 2 pounds and was about 6 inches in diameter (18 inches in circumference when measured by the National Weather Service). This set the world record for both the largest and the heaviest hailstone ever recorded. It was only one-third as dense as water; more of a snowball than an ice chunk.

Colorado must grow some awfully small watermellons.
You also have to account for the fact that most hail melts quite a bit when it hits the ground, the indentions will be ,pouch larger than the actual hail its self, the impact sometimes causes a spreading of sorts. I've seen grapefruit size holes in my field of work, but that's about it. I was just in Colorado. They get hail entirely too often.

Shehanigans is offline   Reply With Quote