Old 10-22-2015, 12:57 PM   #15
janeinthemtns

1985 31' Excella
near Chama , New Mexico
Oh that's discouraging. Holiday Travel in ABQ is over 3 mountain passes and another 150 miles. They are excellent and cooincidentally own a small store and camp ground near where I used to live in northern NM. Intermountain Coach in Colorado Springs is getting great reviews. They've got another AS in there right now with the same mess. If it's a choice between a less than perfect job and losing my cow horses and dogs which is how I make a living and living under a freeway overhead somewhere, I'll take the less than perfect job. Some people put a riveted panel across the whole mess and seal it with success. Fortunately, I have insurance. The threat to "total" the Airstream has already been made. By luck I was a civil construction inspector in bush Alaska and I've heard all the intimidation that could be dealt out to the first woman managing a remote project. $110 an hour is not accepted by anyone. I'm to let them know when it gets there. PROGRESSIVE. They don't want to pay to have the awning removed. Weighs about 150lbs or more. That would be emergency roadside assistance which I have I reminded them. I can't get in or out if the wind is blowing which is always. Blahhhhh. Life is not perfect out this way.

Old 11-11-2015, 05:35 PM   #16
janeinthemtns

1985 31' Excella
near Chama , New Mexico
Thanks for all the info. NEVER go to Intermountain Coach in Colorado Springs. I was clear I needed panels replaced and a skinny woman started bustling around looking at the Airstream. Then a guy started measuring the length of the Airstream. I asked him what he was doing. Said he made a mistake with his measurement. Told him I used to measure millions of dollars worth of construction for a living and there was a big sag in his tape - anyway why is he measuring? Soon the skinny woman bustles out and presents me with a $3,000+ estimate for a new awning which I don't need. My awning is fine rolled up at the ranch. She said they don't do body work on Airstreams. No sense in talking to that kind of stupid. Hundreds of dollars of time, fuel, etc wasted. Timeless Travel Trailers in Aurora is the place to go. Certified by Airstream. Their techs go to Ohio for extensive training. Wish I could go to Holiday, but it's just too far. Timeless does shell off restorations. Any feedback on them? I'm going to have trouble with that kind of traffic after all the years on remote ranches. Thanks

Old 11-11-2015, 08:43 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Send a message via AIM to hhendrix Send a message via Yahoo to hhendrix
This kind of story worth following. Keep us posted. I have to say though, the repair estimate sounds low to do it right. If you were closer, I'd try and help out. Good luck.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:15 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1967 17' Caravel
1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
Wheat Ridge , Colorado
Factory authorized Airstream Repair

Please call Chris at Timeless Travel Trailers in Denver (www.TimelessTravelTrailers.com). We are Airstream's oldest and most experienced upfitter. We make dozens of structural repairs and modifications every month. 303-432-7007

Thanks,
Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeinthemtns View Post
Just got an initial insurance of around $4,500 to replace the top end cap, the window panel adjacent to it, the corner panel and the one next to it with the cubby hole. Also the awning brackets. Awning not damaged, but the front door no longer seals at the bottom due to being smashed by that 150lb awning thing. 1985 Excella 31'. Clipped the awning bracket on a narrow ranch gate when I had to make a slight turn to the left. Couldn't see the end of the trailer. Doesn't track anything like a gooseneck or bumper hitch hay trailer!

I am close to Trinidad, Pueblo and Colorado Springs. Pueblo dealer has a horrible review. Colorado Springs is probably the best bet. Please help me choose!

Labor is set @ 8 hours per panel/$110 per hour. 8 hours seems excessive to me. I've got $750 for living expenses. Should take about 4 days. I hope I can use some of that to kennel my livestock guardian dog, cow dog and dear cat.

I'll be back in the internet zone in the next few days. Thanks for any advice.

I hope I can find this again, Thanks, Jane near Gardner CO. Remote cattle ranch.

PS I am not the dent free clean and shiny type. However inside is renovated with antique reclaimed engineered flooring, composting toilet and about $1,000 of paint.
Brett - TTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 11:33 AM   #19
janeinthemtns

1985 31' Excella
near Chama , New Mexico
Yes, I have spoken with Chris @ Timeless several times. Finally got the Progressive estimate to him when my phone suddenly would not upload photos. Too remote or whatever. I had the Progressive agent email me his photos yesterday and sent them to Chris yesterday. The photos are not as good as mine because I'm a photographer and the awning had not been removed. Thanks for spotting this post. The awning cover is strapped down with 2" hay straps to keep it from ripping off the top of the Airstream. Trying to find a way to keep off the 90mph freeway mess. I'm still working with LG to get my photos to upload. Thanks.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:35 AM   #20
janeinthemtns

1985 31' Excella
near Chama , New Mexico
The ability to con a person into bringing in an Airstream and try to sell them something they don't need is also underated.