Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
The Villages , Florida
Question Airstream Lettering

I have 94 34' Excella. the lettering on both ends looked pretty bad. I polished the rear section up top where the WBCCI numbers are and while doing that I polished the "AIRSTREAM" lettering also and it cam out looking great.

So today I decided to clean up the front lettering. Not so good! Not long after I started trying to clean them, i noticed they were not stuck on very well. Well, to make along story short, all the front lettering is now in a trash bag.

These letters are individual, thick plastic of some kind, 2" high, blue letters. Underneath the thick plastic (maybe about 1/16" - 3/32" thick) there were vinyl letters stuck on. It's sort of like vinyl applied first and then the thicker ones after.

Does anyone know where I can get new letters? Preferably the thick ones. I know Airstream has some replacements in Jackson Ctr, but does anyone know about mine specifically?

Thanks for any help.
[COLOR="Red"]WBCCI #4941

"Jerry and our Amazing Dream Stream"
PhiDor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
I was thinking of doing the same thing. My letters turned pink. I think they used to be gold. I tell my wife its not pink.. its salmon color.

Post some pictures with the final product.

Vinnie

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Pretty sure those are going to be Airstream Factory items... May or not be directly order-able from Airstream.com store.. If not, they'd have to be ordered through a dealer or repair center....

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #4
Hondo was a great cat

2005 28' International CCD
Salt Lake City , Utah
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiDor View Post
I have 94 34' Excella. the lettering on both ends looked pretty bad. I polished the rear section up top where the WBCCI numbers are and while doing that I polished the "AIRSTREAM" lettering also and it cam out looking great.

So today I decided to clean up the front lettering. Not so good! Not long after I started trying to clean them, i noticed they were not stuck on very well. Well, to make along story short, all the front lettering is now in a trash bag.

These letters are individual, thick plastic of some kind, 2" high, blue letters. Underneath the thick plastic (maybe about 1/16" - 3/32" thick) there were vinyl letters stuck on. It's sort of like vinyl applied first and then the thicker ones after.

Does anyone know where I can get new letters? Preferably the thick ones. I know Airstream has some replacements in Jackson Ctr, but does anyone know about mine specifically?

Thanks for any help.

Funny you should mention it, I lost an eye. So I am looking for an eye for an I. Since we now own and A RSTREAM, does anybody know how to make this right?

Aunt Gladys, 28FT, Intl'
"Man, it's hot here, is the heat on?"
jnerges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #5

1976 31' Sovereign
Paulding , Ohio
a rstream letters

We found a graveyard of used ANYTHING Airstream in Ft.Wayne Indiana> Berning Rv Supply...check it out!
Claudia Nutt is offline   Reply With Quote