Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2019, 06:19 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Veradale , Washington
75 Argosy Remove Window & Sash or Reseal only

I recently bought a 1975 Argosy 24'. I am not doing a gut, but want to get it up to snuff, customized to my needs and have it for a significant number of years. I am trying to figure out where to start. My first thought is working through the wheels, axel, repacking bearings and replacing shocks.

My second step as I figure, some of my windows are leaking. Because of its age, I was considering pulling each window out, drilling rivets, pulling sash and all, cleaning and resealing the whole get up. Is this a ridiculous endeavor? Should I just reseal the window? I eventually want to repaint it, but have it tight before hand. I guess I want to do it right, or best to begin with. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. It's my first go at an Airstream type, but I have reworked a 74 Shasta and 69 Argosy. It may be a whole different ball game, luckily I have time on my side. All in all it seems to be in really good shape.

Thanks All
Jody
jodypanatton is offline   Reply With Quote