Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2019, 01:35 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Rogers , AR
Safari 25FB LS - new project

Hey y'all. We just picked up this 07' 25FB LS from a local who bought it new (after winning the lottery) and had it stored indoors. We bought it for about 1/2 of what we see most listed for. Assuming that is because there was basically no remaining floor under the rear dinette. He never mentioned it and we didn't bring it up given the price.

I immediately took the trailer to Hoss's in Avoca Arkansas for the floor repair and inspection. He replaced about 2/3 of the rear floor with marine grade and fixed the common source of the leak at the rear bumper. He fixed a couple other small things, mounted my Furrion rear camera system and upgraded the bathroom back-splash to stainless, similar to the SE. Total bill was $2500

Once I got it home I installed my Andersen WD hitch and Prodigy wireless brake controller. We spent a few hours last Sunday cleaning the interior throwing down some rugs. I'll be getting new Goodyear Endurance tires this Saturday before towing it with our Cayenne Turbo on our maiden voyage (7 nights in Salida Colorado for Labor Day.)

I'd like to swap out the Convection Oven for a nice gas oven, upgrade the electrical and add solar at some point for when we're not fully connected. My wife would like to put down some different flooring and possibly do a full makeover if we decide to keep it long term. Time will tell!
2014 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S 550hp/553tq
2005 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 5.3L built 4L60e, 40k Tru-cool
Mr. Merk is offline   Reply With Quote