Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2007 Safari SE
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Mansfield , Massachusetts
Installing a TV in the bedroom

We have a 27FB Safari SE with a TV mounted next to the couch. We want to put one in the bedroom, and assume the best place to do it would be on the bedroom wall on the other side of the shower as that is near where the cable plug is located. I am concerned about screwing into that wall because I don't want to puncture the shower wall liner. Can anyone tell me the best place to mount a TV in the bedroom? Thanks!
corgikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgikat
We have a 27FB Safari SE with a TV mounted next to the couch. We want to put one in the bedroom, and assume the best place to do it would be on the bedroom wall on the other side of the shower as that is near where the cable plug is located. I am concerned about screwing into that wall because I don't want to puncture the shower wall liner. Can anyone tell me the best place to mount a TV in the bedroom? Thanks!
Look at the wall panel in the bedroom against the shower. You will see 5 or 6 plugs in the panel. Remove them and unscrew the screws underneath. You should then be able to easily remove the wall panel and attach your television mounting bracket to it without risking drilling into the shower. You might consider attaching a metal plate to the reverse side of the panel where the television mount attaches to add strength and prevent the mounting fasteners from pulling out on the road.

Please note I have not yet done this to my trailer. While having repairs performed in Jackson Center I asked the Airstream technician working on my trailer how he would attach a television to the wall against the shower. He also said there is about an inch of space between the wall panel and the shower stall. Given that we rarely watch television in the trailer this installation is far down my project list.
WBCCI 3823 - Unit 12 | AIR 48265
Florida 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
I mounted my bracket to the wall with no problems but was nervous about the shower. I bought a ultra thin Vizio Razor 22" and was concerned about the weight on that wall. It stows under the bed in a bin during travel
RichHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Austin , Texas
We added a TV to the bedroom of our previous trailer, a 2007 25FB. We cut a piece of metal plate, and mounted that to the wall.
Here's a shot of it, hope that helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BR TV.png
Views:	419
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	165387  

I do yoga to relieve stress, just kidding I drink wine in yoga pants
ASwifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Thank You!

Thank You everyone for the well thought out replies. We are going to go out and look at TVs this weekend and see what looks thin and light, and the photo of where you placed yours ASwifey will help us in placing ours! I prefer to be outside when camping, but every now and then you get those endless rainy days.....
Old 08-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Do you remember what length screws you used?
Old 08-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
I got my bracket from SAMs, for a small sized TV. It just uses a 6" long bracket about 3" wide and only 2 Screws to mount to the wall. It comes with multiple sets of screws and I used the shortest ones about an inch and a half long.
RichHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB International
Los Angeles , California
Be sure to get a mounting bracket that locks in the closed position. If not, the bracket will extend and possibly rip out of the wall when driving down the road due to the weight of the TV. Someone recently posted a picture of the damage they had when they forgot to lock their TV mount in the closed position.
WBCCI #1215
Air #54601

Remember... No matter where you go, there you are...

2009 27FB International Ocean Breeze
2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8, 4x4
Scott J-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:10 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott J-24
Be sure to get a mounting bracket that locks in the closed position. If not, the bracket will extend and possibly rip out of the wall when driving down the road due to the weight of the TV. Someone recently posted a picture of the damage they had when they forgot to lock their TV mount in the closed position.
I saw that and it was sobering! We ended up buying a mount that will swivel when we want to watch and will also allow us to slip the tv off the mount when we travel. However, I am looking around for a larger plate to mount it with. This comes with a mount that only uses two screws and we are wary of that kind of installation.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
I mounted mine on this same wall, however we have a pocket door behind that wall then the shower wall. Still working with similar clearances, though. As a previous poster noted you can loosen the wall and tilt it outward (or remove it) by removing the caps over the screws and removing them. I opted for an aluminum plate on the inside of the wall with 1/4" bolts times 4 for securement. This way the thin wall is sandwiched between the plates and the load is displaced over a wide area. TV rides mounted to the wall and I have seen no ill effects at all.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:40 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
Here's my solution. The 1" board has 1/4"-20 T-nuts to attach the TV and it is attached to the shower wall with counter sunk 1-1/4" #10 wood screws and a liberal amount of construction adhesive to spread the load.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02555.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	165749   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02556.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	165750  

Denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1955 22' Safari
Currently Looking...
Great Lake State , .
See my post #922 http://www.airforums.com/forums/f36/...-38289-66.html

toastie
toastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #13
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
2007 20' Safari SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Wesley Chapel , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis4x4 View Post
Here's my solution. The 1" board has 1/4"-20 T-nuts to attach the TV and it is attached to the shower wall with counter sunk 1-1/4" #10 wood screws and a liberal amount of construction adhesive to spread the load.
Hi Denis
It is just an optical illusion or the 1" board that you placed matches perfectly with the rest of the walls? I can barely see any difference between the grain patterns.
Thanks Gus
2 chronicles 7:14
VeggieBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #14
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Rancho Murieta , California
Does AS provide a framing schematic of the wall on the shower side showing the studs?
Ronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:48 AM   #15
S Zolner

2007 28' Safari SE
Lake Havasu City , Arizona
We added a TV, a very light LED model to the shower side bedroom wall of our 28 ft 2007 Safari SE LS about a year ago and have done extensive travel with it hanging on the wall. We've seen no degradation in the walls integrity whatsoever. I do emphasis that the TV is very lite, I could pick it up with two fingers.
s86404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:05 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Maybe it's just me, but I've had my new Eddie Bauer for over a year. I've watched TV three or four times while in it. And I have two TV's - one in the bedroom and one in the living room.

If I hold the remote pointed in the wrong direction it operates both TV's which is irritating. I'm going to buy a lottery ticket right now. When I win (snicker) I'm going to have Colin customize a mid-bath 10 meter Avion for me... without TV's or skylights, but with two recliners.