Old 01-27-2003, 11:37 AM   #15
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
Corona , California
Now try some Future Floor Acrylic on a small area of the vinyl clad. Your wife will love it. Two coats will make it look great.

Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 06:45 PM   #16
Rivet Master
1964 22' Safari
Elyria , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to silverhawk
Zolatone walls

Greetings, I've tried every cleaning product you can think of to get that ( who could ever guess the last time this was cleaned) dingy stuff off of my walls. 409, no. Fantastic, not. Clorox cleanup, do'nt. Simple Green, closer. Then, lost on a shelf, a small spray bottle, orange, free I remember. It was home Depot, more than a year ago. Handed to everyone at the door. Long forgotten on that shelf. What the hay, give it a go. WOW! This is the stuff that everyone with an old trailer wishes for when the elboe feels like its going to fall off. It's put out by Zep, called CITRUS cleaner & degreaser. I was amazed, I was thrilled, I felt like I had found the grail. I highly recmend this stuff for brightening those interior walls. It's orange and comes in a spray bottle. Bob,

silverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 08:27 PM   #17
We still stand 150% behind Super Clean by Castrol.

We have a long experience at cleaning the grungiest, stickiest vinyl. (from Airstream original 1971 grease on the walls, to our vending tent coated with tree sap and worse)

read about our experience with Super Clean_the miracle cleaner
femuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 09:41 PM   #18
2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Friend of mine, his father used to work for Zep. We had all kinds of stuff from Zep around. That stuff is great stuff. If Zep can't solve your problem with what it has (and they have more products than I have hair and I have a full head, cut like a marine, but a full head), it just might not be cleanable (if that's a word).

Zep is great stuff.

Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:41 PM   #19
Rivet Master
1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Question Racer Bill

I Read All The Qs. And Replys To Stripping Vynil Off Aluminum But My 76 31ft Has Vinyl On Wood Partitions That Peeled And Shrunk , Heat Gun Makes Pliable Enough To Take Vinyl Off Plywood ,airstreams Better Idea Just Like End Caps Splitting .i Feel That I Can Be Critical Of Some Of Airstreams Brillancy As I Have Owned Airstreams Since 1962 ,i Have Had 5 Airstreams & 1 Argosy . Can Any One Tell Me How To Get Glue Off Plywood So I Can Finish Wood As It Looks Good & Sort Of Matches Antique Pecan Doors Etc. Thks.racer Bill
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #20
1 Rivet Member
1978 29' Ambassador
Currently Looking...
Leavenworth , Kansas
just picked up my 1st a/s. its a 1978 28ft international land yacht. can anybody tell me what the interior walls are covered with? i like the vinegar cleaning idea, what about scrubbing bubbles? thanks, kansasmoose

kansasmoose is offline   Reply With Quote