Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2007, 01:11 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2005 22' Safari
San Juan Capistrano , California
White fuzzy wall covering

We are thinking of modifying our newish Safari 22'. There is a wall/accordian door between the bed and the dinette that serves no purpose for us (two). We were thinking of pulling it out, but it would leave an 6' by 2" gap in the fuzzy white wall rug that's in the trailer. I don't know if it would be better to try and source that rug material or try and trim it with something else. I also kind of like the idea of a hanging groovy light there, like some other forum member has. Any ideas?

We also thought of pulling out a shelf from under the sink. It would be nice to have a garbage that's out of site and we can't think of anywhere else to do that.
grantb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:55 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2006 28' Safari SE
Halifax , Nova Scotia, CANADA
I could be wrong, but I believe the material is OZITE.

2006 Safari SE 28W/LS,
2006 Silverado 2500HD/LT EC SB 4x4 Duramax/Allison,
Hensley Arrow , Honda EU2000i (propane),
160W Solar, 400W sinewave inverter,
3-stage smart charger, Xantrex battery monitor,
Sirius satelite radio
jzelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:32 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 26
Villa Ridge , Missouri
Our dealer told us that material can be patched, and the fill-in patch virtually disappears into the original material, leaving the seams invisible. They've done it in cases where things have been moved or the material has been stained.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:38 AM   #4
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantb4
We are thinking of modifying our newish Safari 22'. There is a wall/accordian door between the bed and the dinette that serves no purpose for us (two). We were thinking of pulling it out, but it would leave an 6' by 2" gap in the fuzzy white wall rug that's in the trailer. I don't know if it would be better to try and source that rug material or try and trim it with something else. I also kind of like the idea of a hanging groovy light there, like some other forum member has. Any ideas?

We also thought of pulling out a shelf from under the sink. It would be nice to have a garbage that's out of site and we can't think of anywhere else to do that.
We have the exact same trailer as you do and there are a few things that I would consider before pulling out the wall. First check your overheads on the roadside, they are attached to that wall. Also it serves as the back of the seat for the dinnette. I suppose you could cut it down to a point. As for the garbage, we have a small garbage pail which is made to hold the T shirt style bags you get from the supermarkets. We have it hanging on the cabinet door one a small bracket and it fits perfect between the shelf and sink. We like the fact that you open the door and its right there and also that it is small enough that you have to empty it often and not fill up the AS with stinky kitchen garbage.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote