Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Thanks for the links

Pricey little tickers, now are they not? paula
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:15 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zia View Post
Is there any special hooks to hang the wall clock. I just acquired a 2007 20' safari and would like to hang a wall clock.
I use a standard picture hook or screw, depending on the mounting design of the clock, to take the weight of the clock and a strip of velcro at the bottom to keep the clock vertical.

While holding the bottom of the clock off the wall hook the clock on the picture hook, screw, and then push the clock onto the velcro.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB International
2007 19' International CCD
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
Yeah I know....but I rationalize it by fact that it looks great and fits with the AS design and theme. I do not install too much Tchatchke inside, so what I do install I would like something special.
Steamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #24
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Hi - I am looking at a clock that is 12 1/2" x 11". I only have one wall where it will fit. It is right above the stove and an outside wall, right next to the door. I am wondering if anyone has attached pictures or anything w/weight on an outside wall? I dont know how as there is no way to do any backing to bear the weight of the item being hung? Does anyone know if it has been done & how? Thanks.

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:50 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hanging pictures on wall.

Hi, COArgosy78. I don't know if this will help you, but I used two sided tape to hold picture on, in picture #1. [left side] And Velcro to hold picture on outside [mouse fur] wall, in picture # 2. [right side]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My Picture CD 429 (Large).jpg
Views:	128
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	70961   Click image for larger version

Name:	My Picture CD 428 (Large).jpg
Views:	149
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	70962  

YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:56 AM   #26
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Hello again - just wondered if those pics u hung are very heavy? I'm not sure how heavy this clock is that I'm thinking of using as I have not purchased it (online) and want to make sure it will work before I do. I should ask them. Anyone else had luck w/hanging somewhat heavy object on outside wall?

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
Old 11-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by COArgosy78 View Post
Hello again - just wondered if those pics u hung are very heavy? I'm not sure how heavy this clock is that I'm thinking of using as I have not purchased it (online) and want to make sure it will work before I do. I should ask them. Anyone else had luck w/hanging somewhat heavy object on outside wall?
Hi, COArgosy. The picture on the [mouse fur] wall held in place with Velcro is very light. The picture mounted on the [wood] wall weighs a bit more, but still light and might never come off again. The 3M commercial two sided tape is very strong. [dark gray tape with a red film] Back to post #5 on page #1 that is why I used the flush mount set-up on my clock, because it weighs a few pounds and I need to remove it to set the time or replace the batteries.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 11-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #28
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Hello again Bob - I like the setup on your #5 post, but wasn't sure it would work on an outside wall. So, am I back to square 1?

Old 11-18-2008, 08:50 PM   #29
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, Zia; I found a nice clock that my wife and I like and I mounted it with a picture frame hook; The one that I used, looks like two "E's" with the one on the wall faceing upward and the one I mounted to the clock faces downward. Then they snap together and the clock will not fall off. To remove the clock to adjust time or replace the battery, you use a small screw driver to release the locking tab.

Do a search for "Hillman Flush Mount Hanger" #122207" w/spring lock. and you will see what I used.
Bob, we went to a Target and found the same clock. It fits the Airstream style perfectly, so thanks. I looked up the Hillman hangers and can't figure out how they would attach to the back of the clock. Can you explain?

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:08 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Bob, we went to a Target and found the same clock. It fits the Airstream style perfectly, so thanks. I looked up the Hillman hangers and can't figure out how they would attach to the back of the clock. Can you explain?

Gene
Hi, Gene. I can't find a picture of what I used on the internet to show you, so I will try to explain how I did it. I bought a piece of metal that I call a building strap. It is used to join 2X4's together and you can get it at Home depot or any other hardware store. It is galvanized sheet steel, about six inches long and one and a half inches wide, and about .030 inches thick. It comes predrilled so you can join wood together by hammering nails through the predrilled holes.
I cut the ends off with a sheet metal shear, cutting it in a round shape matching the diameter of the center of the clock; Makeing sure it wouldn't show from the front. I drilled two holes in the strap to match the screws in the clock used to hold clock in the original package. I then drilled two holes in the center of the strap for the flush mount hanger. [diagonally] I used pop rivets to hold the hanger to the strap. On the wall part of the flush mount hanger I used two srews, diagonally in the wall. The wall mount has four holes in each part, but it only needs two and it only made sense to me to use holes in the opposite corners.
Hi, update I found a picture of the strap; It's called a "Simpson Strong-Tie 6" Heavy duty Strap."
Attached Images

YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 11-19-2008, 06:14 AM   #31
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
FWIW....when I'm in the AS I just dont care what time it is.

I go outdoors, if I can see my hand in front of my face it's...day, if not, it ain't.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:01 AM   #32
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Thanks Bob, now I don't have to think so much. I think I have some strap though no pop rivet gun. The mounting may cost more than the clock! I have until next Spring to figure this out.

I do use the Bob#2 time system, but I usually just ask my wife what time it is. That way we get moving before check out time.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:08 PM   #33
Zia
3 Rivet Member

2011 23' FB International
2007 20' Safari
Irvine , California
Yes I was able to find Hillman locking clamps and they look very good, except I had problem of attaching the clamp to the back of the clock which is a plastic housing for the mechanism. Then I decided to try the industrial grade velcro and it is working fine.
Roberts clock looks very cute. in my 20' safari the overhead bind door comes down where the thermostat is. I had to mount on the wall on the other side of the dinnete

As for the skylight cover I would prefer a solution where I can use the light when I wish. I am thinking about buying a darker color plastic cover to replace the one I have.
My thanks to all the members for their valuable input, really appreciate, as you know I am a new kid on the block.
I am still looking for the source of the moisture behind the bathroom sink wall. This small amount of water can only be seen by looking under the seat through the cut out toward the back of the sink wall.
Going for four days during Thanksgiving will try to look for the source of this leak. Luckily I have Airstream Warrantly unit Jan 2010.
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:56 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Further explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, Zia. Like this? I bought this cover kit from Camping World and I trimmed it down in size so I could use the same screws that were in the original trim. I also removed the crank handle and replaced it with a window knob.
Hi, Zia. I guess I should have explained in post #12 that the cover that I modified for my rear vent just slides over or can be slid completely off to use the vent. The four brackets are originally designed to work this way. If you click to enlarge the first picture, you will see that the brackets, as mounted, allow for the vent cover to slide to the left or right.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 11-19-2008, 10:13 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
FWIW....when I'm in the AS I just dont care what time it is.

I go outdoors, if I can see my hand in front of my face it's...day, if not, it ain't.
Hi, I agree, but sometimes us retired people need to see if it's time for the working people to clog up the highways. So we can leave earlier or preferably later.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144