Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2015, 12:18 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Tucson , Arizona
Veneer bubbling up

I have a 2011 Flying Cloud and the veneer is bubbling up in the dining area. Not sure how to repair. Any ideas?
Old 08-14-2015, 12:37 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
If it is fake wood I really could not help. I had this happen on my laminate floor and I put an 80lb weight on it and let it sit there all winter. Spring time it was gone.

If it is real wood take a razor and cut the bubble and squirt wood glue in there and then take a damp cloth and iron it down. There are many youtube videos on how to do it. I did it and it worked.
Old 08-14-2015, 02:00 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2013 27' FB International
El Dorado Hills , California
It's probably the laminate that's bubbling up. I can be caused by lack of adhesive, moisture, sunlight exposure, hot objects, or poor application. The first thing to try is to use heat to re-activate the glue. I read that laying a towel on top of the bubble area then laying a iron on medium heat to warm the location then leave a heavy weight on top like a brick to keep pressure on.

I pulled the following instructions off the internet:

While laminate countertops are best known for being inexpensive and durable, over time, the laminate can become damaged or start peeling away from the surface. If you have a bubble in your laminate, it is probably because something has heated the adhesive underneath, melting it and causing the laminate to detach from the surface of the substrate underneath. Fortunately, you can usually solve the problem by reheating the adhesive and sticking the laminate to the surface properly.
  1. Gently heat the area of the bubble. You don't want to scorch the countertop by getting it too hot. A heat gun is most efficient, but a hairdryer will work, too. The adhesive needs to be about 140 or 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Press the bubble down. A J-roller -- a tool used by contractors for smoothing laminate during installation -- is the best tool for the job. A rolling pin will also work.
  3. Place something heavy over the bubble to hold it in place for an hour while the adhesive sets.
kscherzi is offline   Reply With Quote