Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2007, 10:06 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
west hills , California
Upholstery in California

Was hoping I could just get someone to sort of fix what's wrong with my gauchos but turns out I'll need new foam, new fabric, the whole works, in my Caravel and am having a tough time finding someone that can really do it. If you know of someone good in California, prefer SoCal but will travel North to just get it done, please let me know.
krikles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:45 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Hi,

I am sure I can't give you any real help... but we needed new fabric on our cushions... went to a discount fabric outlet type of place. Found the fabric I liked at a price that wasn't out of this world. Asked the counter person if she knew anyone who did upholstering. Well, she did! She had a little portfolio of work she had done, and we went with her. To redo both gouchos for fabric and labor it was about $600 a couple years ago. No clue what it is now.

You might do a search for foam or upholstery and see what you come up with. Awhile back there was a good thread on the original latex foam that Airstream used in 1960s... it is still available, but expensive. If you hunt you might find information that is useful in that thread.

Good luck! Post pics when you are done!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis ~ from the Great State of Jefferson)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:49 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
We have a fellow in the San Fernando Valley that reupholstered our coach and did a great job and is very reasonable. PM us and we will send you the info.
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:55 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
west hills , California
Am pm'ing now - I'm in the West San Fernando Valley so that would be so convenient!! Thank you so much!!!!
krikles is offline   Reply With Quote