Old 05-29-2008, 10:40 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster
Holy catfish files.....Batman!

YOU GUYS ARE GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just might have to make a quick stop in AZ on my way West if time permits. My CCD stock interior is just a little boring and needs some ....pizzazz!!!

The best part is.....if it fits your trailer.......it will fit mine!
Well thanks, Lew...we've read some might fine things about you, too! It would be great to meet you, so come on down if you can!

AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:21 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich
Here's a pic of our "Cayene" decor (pic #1)...one of the "Cabana" decor (pic #2) which has ultrasuede cushions that we can mix with other decors...and "Golden Zebra" decor slip covers, cushions and bedspread (pics #3 & #4)...
AMAZING! It would be hard to pick just one as a favorite if I had to. It's quite an improvement over some of the standard offerings from AS!

By the way... cool pic in Saveur. We're envious!

Air 10899 since 1/06
WBCCI 2484
Jimandrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:39 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimandrod
By the way... cool pic in Saveur. We're envious!
Thanks!

For those who are wondering what Jim is referring to...we were named in an article by Bruce Littlefield in the June issue of Saveur magazine...about cooking in Airstreams...we also sent them pics of our tiny Bambi galley to use with the article. Jim and Rod referred Bruce to us for information for the article... We haven't seen the article yet, but we've received calls from friends about it...Saveur is sending us a copy soon. Anxious to see what they said and what pictures they used...
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:12 AM   #18
1 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 20
Ocean View , Delaware
Send a message via Yahoo to dbgulick
Sofa for 73 Argosy?

Hi folks.. I'm new here.

I restored the exterior of a 1973 20' Argosy. It looks nice. I replaced the dinette with a desk and shelves (Retired, but still teaching online). I love the unit! Problem: For two years I have been sleeping on an inflatable mattress because the sofa cushions were missing when I bought the trailer. I've noticed from online searches that several older Airstream and Argosy models seem to have the same pull out sofa design (My floor plan is sofa across from sink, port side forward of closet).

Could anyone please send me a photo and/or description and dimensions of the cushions? Or direct me to a site where I can see detail? I've been scratching my head over this for two years (Seems like there had to be three cushions to make it work). The sofa is the one thing I'd like to restore to original.

I can make the cushions and backing myself, but need specs and explanation of how it worked. Still getting used to using groups.. Would appreciate sending both here and dgulick@udel.edu just in case I miss it here.

Thank you. Regards,

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	73 Argosy.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	64623  
Old 07-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgulick View Post
Hi folks.. I'm new here.

I restored the exterior of a 1973 20' Argosy. It looks nice. I replaced the dinette with a desk and shelves (Retired, but still teaching online). I love the unit! Problem: For two years I have been sleeping on an inflatable mattress because the sofa cushions were missing when I bought the trailer. I've noticed from online searches that several older Airstream and Argosy models seem to have the same pull out sofa design (My floor plan is sofa across from sink, port side forward of closet).

Could anyone please send me a photo and/or description and dimensions of the cushions? Or direct me to a site where I can see detail? I've been scratching my head over this for two years (Seems like there had to be three cushions to make it work). The sofa is the one thing I'd like to restore to original.

I can make the cushions and backing myself, but need specs and explanation of how it worked. Still getting used to using groups.. Would appreciate sending both here and dgulick@udel.edu just in case I miss it here.

Thank you. Regards,

David
Nice looking rig! My 20' Arg is a 72, but I'm sure the gaucho is the same size. I'll measure it when I get home and PM you the dimensions of the cushions (there are 3 parts).

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

bobfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
Quote:
Hi folks.. I'm new here.

Thank you. Regards,

David
BTW - What is that dartboard looking thing in the front window?

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

Old 07-30-2008, 04:27 PM   #21
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Send a message via AIM to bredlo
My wife is an interior designer and has a fantastic upholsterer she's been working with for about 9 years. He's redone a few of our antique pieces (as in, why did Grandma have to love ugly flower prints so much?) and now he has our GlobeTrotter's cushions. Like yours, there are separate arm rests, strange angles and all that jazz, but he'll do a fantastic job of it.

He's on the near south side of Chicago, and we're up in Evanston. Lemmie know if you'd like his contact info, and in the meantime I'll post before and after photos once our recovered cushions are done.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:15 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
Quote:
Hi folks.. I'm new here.

Thank you. Regards,

David
OK, I measured my roadside gaucho. All cushions are 4.5" thick. The seat cushion measure 20"x75", the back cushion measures 14"x75", and the filler cushion (which resides behind the back cushion when in couch mode is 10"x75". The back cushion has a piece of plywood INSIDE the back side of the covering that is the same thickness as the plywood under the seat cushion.

I'll PM this info as well.

TAC - NJ-007

Old 07-31-2008, 07:44 AM   #23
1 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 20
Ocean View , Delaware
Send a message via Yahoo to dbgulick
Thanks to all for the information. I'll get started on the project as soon as I get up the money for foam and stuff. The "dartboard looking thing" in the front window is a stained glass "compass rose" my son made me when I retired (I am a part time boat captain). I have it backed with christmas lights and fixed to plexiglas for support. It is really cool looking, inside and out, but for some reason I've never been able to get a good pic of it.. The colors don't show very well. Obviously, I have to take it down while traveling.

Again, thanks to all for the kind responses.

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfowler View Post
BTW - What is that dartboard looking thing in the front window?
Old 07-31-2008, 08:22 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
Quote:
Thanks to all for the information. I'll get started on the project as soon as I get up the money for foam and stuff. The "dartboard looking thing" in the front window is a stained glass "compass rose" my son made me when I retired (I am a part time boat captain). I have it backed with christmas lights and fixed to plexiglas for support. It is really cool looking, inside and out, but for some reason I've never been able to get a good pic of it.. The colors don't show very well. Obviously, I have to take it down while traveling.

Again, thanks to all for the kind responses.

David
Very, very cool!

TAC - NJ-007