What a fantastic difference!

Craig and Carol
1997 34' Excella 1000
1970 27' Overlander, International
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
Going to be doing this soon, thanks for posting looks GREAT!

SilverHoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:58 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Sparks , Nevada
Originally Posted by ck21084 View Post
Has any one used this before? The TAT website says that under normal use and cleaning that this product will last for up to 5 years. I am not sure about everyone else but I am looking for this look but no recurring maintenance. I must say that this looks incredible.
I'm hoping 5 yrs of household use = 20 yrs of travel trailer use.

Originally Posted by snshort View Post
Your bath looks GREAT! Did you paint the cabinet doors to match the white? I believe this will be a summer project for me and the hubby! I have the pale yellow flowered walls that I love but the bath is just so depressing with the aged yellowed sinks and tub. Plus there are stained rings from a glass all over the counters!
There is a small portion of cabinet to the side (captured in the pic) that is the plastic. Yes, I painted that portion. No, haven't painted any of the remaining cabinets/tambour. At least, not yet! I plan to do that using Krylon paint. Would rather test that *technique* in the bathroom before even considering the brown faux wood tambours in the other areas.

I did paint my flowered walls. It was just too much yellow for me. If I'd started with this project (painting the yellowed fixtures), I probably would have enjoyed the wall pattern more... Oh well, too late now.

funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #18
1 Rivet Member
1974 27' Overlander
Savannah , Georgia
I was in the bath this morning picturing how beautiful it will look when the hubby paints it this summer (really it will be me doing it but a girl can dream!) and thought I bet it would be easier to paint the tambour with a good coat of Krylon paint! (I giggled when I read your thread)

I think once the counters and tub are no longer that depressing aged yellow that the walls will be a great accent and they are in such great condition!

Thank you for posting your technique and the photos of your Overlander, it gives me hope for ours!

snshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:39 AM   #19
Site Team
1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Really looks fabulous! I'm wondering why you didn't do the tub...?
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #20
Rivet Master
1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Hi Laura,
I assume that this is an epoxy paint. When painting with any product one of the tricks and it isn't easy, is to use enough paint so that the paint flows before it sets to eliminate as many brush marks as possible. Of course to thick a coat and it will sag or drip. This also requires that everything is warm enough.
Do a small test on a sample surface(not in the trailer).
The photos look good. Huge improvement in colour.
Al and Jean

BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member
1955 22' Flying Cloud
1977 23' Safari
1986 34' Limited
Idaho Falls , Idaho
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by funkill View Post
I'm hoping 5 yrs of household use = 20 yrs of travel trailer use.

Your work looks fantastic! You give me hope for fixing the bathroom of our 78 Safari.... Have been afraid the paint stuff wouldn't last, but you're most likely right about 20 yrs of trailer use. Thank you so much for sharing!

Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:50 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Sparks , Nevada
Originally Posted by Aage View Post
Really looks fabulous! I'm wondering why you didn't do the tub...?
I started this job at the wrong time of year - winter - and was using a heat lamp to warm the area. Since I suspected that I would have problems with the paint setting properly, I just avoided the tub. Now that it is warming, I'm going to get back in there to finish the job. This time I will use the small foam roller and cross my fingers for a smoother finish.

Thanks for the complements. The old yellowed plastic and the numerous cigarette burns was really *off putting*. Now I am really focused on that mirror with the tape marks bleading through. I found a post awhile back describing how to remove/replace the mirror. So I've added that to my long list of work...

funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member
1958 22' Flying Cloud
Folsom , California

Originally Posted by funkill View Post
Did you actually put on 3+ coats? The instructions strongly suggested not to apply more than 2 coats. And it says to use a natural bristle brush (which I purchased seperately) but they supply you with a worthless synthetic brush.

Maybe I'll be okay if I sand it down and apply a third coat with a roller... thanks for the tip.

Be careful on the roller choice. Ask an expert at a paint store before you grab one off the shelf. I have had that tile paint start dissolving the roller foam during the process leaving chunks of foam in the paint. What seems like a good idea can turn very ugly. I would stick to a brush, and if memory serves me correctly (usually it doesn't) you can thin that paint a little which will eliminate the brush strokes even more.

ddstech is offline   Reply With Quote