Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2006 28' International CCD
Mill Valley , California
source for new mattress

I'm full-timing in my 07 28 International CCD and i want to replace my mattress. It is sagging under constant use. Does anyone have a source for a replacement mattress of higher quality - foam, etc., cut to my custom shape and covered?
David Ludwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2000 34' Limited S/O
Greensboro , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidludwig View Post
I'm full-timing in my 07 28 International CCD and i want to replace my mattress. It is sagging under constant use. Does anyone have a source for a replacement mattress of higher quality - foam, etc., cut to my custom shape and covered?
We just replaced our mattress with a 6" block of foam with a memory foam topper glued on top. It was made custom to fit our bed platfom by Southeastern Foam in High Point NC
The cost was around $400 and it is very comfortable.
WBCCI #4358
tslanier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
Buy a memory foam mattress and cut it yourself. It is fairly easy to do.
mcair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:50 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidludwig View Post
I had one made by Denver Mattress company several years ago. It worked out great.
If you google "Custom RV mattress" you will find many sources listed.
Regards,
Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:23 AM   #5

2006 19' Safari
2006 18' Westphalia
Tavernier , Florida
Look NO FURTHER! I have a SOLUTION!

I'm FT in my travel trailer too David! I know how frustrating it is to find a replacement mattress. I just had an 8" memory foam mattress made by a company in Utah called Rocky Mountain Mattress. I had my choice of thickness, material, construction, and mattress covers all as standard features! It was a fantastic experience that they made practically effortless for me AND their price beat making it myself! The finished product came in a box I could handle myself and it is just as beautiful and professional as anything you see in a mattress store. I am still amazed with it's comfort and how sound I FINALLY sleep! These folks at Rocky Mountain mattress had it shipped to me in less than 2 weeks! How great is that for a custom made mattress??? RMM Rocks!
Cheri C.
Fabulous Florida Keys
Chateaucheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:09 AM   #6

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
RV Air Mattress

This is one company I would check out if I were replacing my bed.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mattress