Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2002, 10:02 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

shower curtains

Looking for a source for shower curtains for a '67 Safari.
gmc70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 01:29 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1983 27' Excella
Airstreamville , Kansas
Here's what I did for my curtain, I had the old curtain but it was dirty etc. so I threw it in the washing machine knowing it may get trashed and sure enough it did, so I bought a new regular curtain and layed the old one over it as a template and cut the new one to the old shape going a bit over for seams and weights then gave it to my mother-in-law who is a seamstress for sewing and when she returned it it looked like new out of the box and works great. So if you cant find a replacement you can always make one.

John
83Excella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 01:39 PM   #3
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
When we bought our Argosy MH the shower curtain was a vinyil dime store replacement. My wife taped a long strip of craft paper to the celing and made a curved template to match the back wall. We then got a good quality cloth shower curtain and cut and hemmed to fit. Attcched snaps and viola. Good fit and it is spotless and not PINK.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 04:15 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Thanks guys...but my wife threw the old curtain away while cleaning out the 'new' '67 Safari. Looks like I may have to be creative.
gmc70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 10:23 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1964 22' Safari
San Francisco , California
another shower curtain question

Hi There,

I'm having my shower curtain remade. Its been a challenge cause it was hard to find the material - but I just ended up buying a shower curtain and using that material to make the one for my Airstream.

The latest obstacle is the grommet thingys that are used to hand the shower curtain from the rod/track. I can't seem to find these in any craft, sewing or hardware store. Does anyone know where I can find these?

Thanks so much!

Nina
Neenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 10:44 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1971 27' Overlander
Cornville , Arizona
Talking SHOWER CURTAINS

Just closed the blinds and took a shower. No one knew!! I saw the brass/copper ? grommets in HD.
niftypkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 10:52 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1964 22' Safari
Thanks for the response! Glad your shower went well.

I looked in Home Depot yesterday - they didn't have them! Maybe I'll try on-line though. Maybe they just didn't have them at that location.
Old 08-25-2002, 09:43 PM   #8
Creampuff

2022 27' Flying Cloud
2016 25' International
Airstream - Other
Malibu , California
Safari shower curtain

I have an original in my '67 and could probably get a pattern off it for you.the 'dome' snap fasteners should be available at any major hardware.failing that go to an upholstery shop that does car tops and they will have lots.the 'tabs' for the track ,I believe are available from Indlandrv.com .Try the sale page.
Murray
AIR #189

"If aluminum isn't magnetic- why am I so attracted to to it?"
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 10:16 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Lightbulb Can't find the shower curtain carriers?

While at the Rocky Mountain Vintage Rally, a couple of weeks ago, we all had an Open House and I saw an alternate to the original "dome snap fasteners" that seemed to work pretty well.

I didn't have my camera with me when I saw this, so hopefully the diagram below will help. The alternate was done with buttons...

...the "T" type button fits in the track and is sewn through the shower curtain fabric then the "flat" button. Although it is not the orginal design it seemed to work really well. The key would be getting the "T" type button the right size to fit in your track...I would guess it would be either 3/8" or 1/4"...maybe smaller.

Anyway, just wanted to pass this along...

Shari
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	buttons.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	469  
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 10:20 AM   #10
WBCCI 11067 WDCU

1986 25' Sovereign
Atlanta , Georgia
Grommet Kits

I used to get grommet kits from sailing shops. Be careful that you go to sailing shops not just a marine store. Should be plenty in San Francisco.
2007 Chevy Silverado 1500
2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
ckeysor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 09:22 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

1964 22' Safari
Thanks Chris - I'll try it since I still haven't had any luck! I'll let you know if it was successful. -Nina
Old 10-20-2002, 02:21 AM   #12
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
Shower "curtain"

I want a nickle plated framed glass door like my friend Dante has in his Antique Railroad car "Survivor" (Barbara Hutton's old RR car)... THAT was beautiful. Nickle-plating everywhere in the bathrm. (Weight isn't an object on the rails---!) It didn't swing IN and it didn't swing OUT...it was in 2 parts, and they both PIVOTED. Amazing.

BUT...back to Land Yachts...I'm removing the "flat bar" that holds the track for the hooks off of mine. If anyone wants it, I'll sell it. ???

I'm replacing it with a 'chrome' bar (tube), and I'm putting those retro chrome hooks with the little ball at the top to make it slide smoothly.

I'm a seamstress and designer. Any one? I've made 2 already, and scraped both ideas (one was TOO retro and too BRIGHT in colour; and one was too bland). The next one is going to be very subtle and non-descript. And will be double---inside in heavy taffeta, and outside in cotton.

One EASY way you all can make one...Is go to a thrift shop occasionally until you find one you like,,,and just cut it down to fit the old one. All you'd have to do then is hem it on the bottom and one side. Actually, you could get 2 or 3 out of one of those.

..........just thinkin'...
Old 10-20-2002, 02:25 AM   #13
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
No shower curtain

Don't 'take us there' Nina. you're scaring ME.. .

I'll sell you my set up if you want it. email me at TinLizzy8131@yahoo.com

Cat--- is it ok if I say that? Andy?