Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2007, 04:37 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

patterson , Louisiana
Bedliner Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloria Pace
Hey! How about using it on the bumper? No rust eh?

Gloria Pace
72 Sovereign
WBCCI 7287
Greenville, Tx
Gloria,

Liner material will work great on a bumper. You can purchase it by the gallon and roll it yourself or have shop spray it. It will NOT come off!!!!
CCC
carmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:19 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
so now that is all cleared up, have you decided on a color?...dark- light- nuetral...
AIR-Quarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:49 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
Source of DIY coating...

For anyone that might be interested one source of a coating material used for such things as bed liners that you can install yourself is the following:

Durabak Company; Truck Bed, Marine, Boat Ship Industrial & Workplace Non-Skid Coatings.

The products are available in a variety of colors and either with our without texture. By the way the products evidently are used extensively for maritime applications.

See what you think,

Malcolm
Old 11-26-2007, 04:43 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 26
Norristown , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by malconium
For anyone that might be interested one source of a coating material used for such things as bed liners that you can install yourself is the following:

Durabak Company; Truck Bed, Marine, Boat Ship Industrial & Workplace Non-Skid Coatings.

The products are available in a variety of colors and either with our without texture. By the way the products evidently are used extensively for maritime applications.

See what you think,

Malcolm
Hi Malcolm;
My Rhino dealer is letting me down as I have not heard from him yet. I hate to call and pressure anyone to take my money and your post became a welcomed possibility. I like to thank you for that suggestion. I will contact Duraback and get some specifics after which I will follow with a update. Thanks so much for that input Malcolm. "Boatdoc"
boatdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:57 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdoc
Hi Malcolm;
My Rhino dealer is letting me down as I have not heard from him yet. I hate to call and pressure anyone to take my money and your post became a welcomed possibility. I like to thank you for that suggestion. I will contact Duraback and get some specifics after which I will follow with a update. Thanks so much for that input Malcolm. "Boatdoc"
You are certainly welcome. I will be interested to see what you think. When you contact them you can request samples in the color or type of texture you want to check out. What came with the literature that I ordered were two samples about 1-1/2" x 2". One was textured and one was smooth. As I recall I also spoke with someone in sales on the phone that was very helpful. The textured sample has granular particles in it that I can well imagine would be dynamite for anti-skid treatments on boat decks. I was told the the granular version is also a bit tougher because of the granules.

Malcolm
Old 11-28-2007, 09:08 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

1971 25' Caravanner
scappoose , Oregon
Wow, I gotta check this stuff out. I think that I can find many uses for a product such as this,in my line of work. By the way, Malconium, good to see someone else in the group is here in orygun
rangebowdrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:25 PM   #27
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
The spray booth was heated to about 110 while it was sprayed
We routinely hit 110 degrees out here in the summer - in the shade. Direct sun temps are well above that. And then there's Phoenix....
There are no problems with pre-heating to 110.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:37 AM   #28
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
It was january when I had it done... the contrast between the booth and the outside was extreme... Yeh, 110 is no big deal.
I think this material could also be an excellent seam sealer. It is very flexible and water proof. spray it over all the seams while the skin is out, might work well.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:04 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 26
Quote:

See what you think,

Malcolm
Hi Malcolm; Yesterday I have ordered two gallons of Duraback in sand color and smooth finish. I will be coating aprox 120 sq/ft and it was the manufacturer reccomendation to purchase two gallons for two coats. Unfortunately the selection of light colors is not good. White and beige [which is designated as sand color] is it for the choice. Cost with shipping from NJ wearhouse to PA is $284.40. In mid December we are going to apply it and follow up with report and pics. Thanks, "Boatdoc"
Old 11-30-2007, 08:09 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangebowdrie
Wow, I gotta check this stuff out. I think that I can find many uses for a product such as this,in my line of work. By the way, Malconium, good to see someone else in the group is here in orygun
There are actually a bunch of us orygunions here in the forums. My challenge continues to be getting to the point where I can be a mobile Airstream owner. I still have a way to go on my remodeling and not a lot of time available to work on it for now.

Malcolm
Old 11-30-2007, 08:13 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdoc
Hi Malcolm; Yesterday I have ordered two gallons of Duraback in sand color and smooth finish. I will be coating aprox 120 sq/ft and it was the manufacturer reccomendation to purchase two gallons for two coats. Unfortunately the selection of light colors is not good. White and beige [which is designated as sand color] is it for the choice. Cost with shipping from NJ wearhouse to PA is $284.40. In mid December we are going to apply it and follow up with report and pics. Thanks, "Boatdoc"
I hope it works out well for you and will be very interested in hearing more about your experiences with it. I suppose philosophically that it would be possible to get other colors by starting with the white and adding pigment. I wonder if Duraback can make any recomendations on that topic?

Malcolm
Old 11-30-2007, 08:56 PM   #32
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

New Borockton , Alabama
No question this thread has a lot of wheels spinning. This is major and could address a huge host of Airstream renovation ideas.
68 Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:19 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 26
Quote:
I hope it works out well for you and will be very interested in hearing more about your experiences with it. I suppose philosophically that it would be possible to get other colors by starting with the white and adding pigment. I wonder if Duraback can make any recomendations on that topic?

Malcolm
Hi Malcolm; Another setback took place past Monday. We have received the two galons of urethane coating for the bathroom. Label on the cans spoke about rubber granules so I called the company and questioned the product. It turned out I got the non skid stuff. My wife would surley appreciate the scuffed elbows while showering. So it is back to waiting for another shipment. The exterior of my Argosy got a second coat of Pettit Easypoxy below the beltline in Grand Banks Beige and it looks great, if I can say so myself. Most likely this weekend the plumbing project will be started. Thanks, "Boatdoc"
Old 12-05-2007, 05:38 AM   #34
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Boatdoc, Would you be able to post a few pictures? I follow what you are doing closely and would like to know that what I picture in my head is really what you are doing. I also would love to drive up and see your project if it is possible. I live just outside of Baltimore and the drive could not be much more than an hour... Will you be able to use your aluminum tent by april? The WDCU would love to have you come to it's premeire rally The Cherry Blossom Festival Rally April 10- 13
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Sussex Co. , Delaware
there must be more...

Um, just wondering how this worked out. Am trying to come up with a rework in the bathroom tub/shower and am very curious how this turned out. I'm thinking it might be just the ticket. The other possibility is "Showercork" tiles, but truth be told this rhino idea sounds more appealing.
stonyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:42 AM   #36
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonyfork View Post
Um, just wondering how this worked out. Am trying to come up with a rework in the bathroom tub/shower and am very curious how this turned out. I'm thinking it might be just the ticket. The other possibility is "Showercork" tiles, but truth be told this rhino idea sounds more appealing.
Hi stonyfork; Sorry that I have dropped the continuation of info on my bathroom remodel. I guess I was just too happy to be camping a lot last year. In the end I have rolled on white Durabak in two coats. Stuff is awesome and easy to clean according to my wife. No cracks or separations at any panel joints. The Rhino Liner dealer wanted a lot of money to spray it on. This is why I have gone with Duraback. 3/16 nap synthetic wool tight nap is a must for smoother application. Have two rollers ready because you will not clean up the used roller. Good luck. "Boatdoc"
Old 04-11-2010, 05:17 AM   #37
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
1974 25' Tradewind
1974 27' Overlander
Indiana , Pennsylvania
Boatdoc...can you post some pictures of the finished bath? We are about to tear into our bathroom and I don't really want to take it out to finish. I think alot of us are curious how yours turned out. Thanks!

Bob
TAC PA-5
Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:40 AM   #38
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
Boatdock, this sounds like a great idea. I saw a tear drop trailer a couple of years ago that had been coated on the outside. It looked great and was waterproof.
Don
NorCal Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:59 AM   #39
4 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 24
Science Hill , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdoc View Post
Hi stonyfork; Sorry that I have dropped the continuation of info on my bathroom remodel. I guess I was just too happy to be camping a lot last year. In the end I have rolled on white Durabak in two coats. Stuff is awesome and easy to clean according to my wife. No cracks or separations at any panel joints. The Rhino Liner dealer wanted a lot of money to spray it on. This is why I have gone with Duraback. 3/16 nap synthetic wool tight nap is a must for smoother application. Have two rollers ready because you will not clean up the used roller. Good luck. "Boatdoc"
that would be great if you could post some pics of how it looks, we are at the bathroom part of our argosy and are looking for good ideas on what to do with the shower. Thanks!
Dotz(daschund) CB (daschund) Oh and 3 kids!!!
TAC# KY-3
mouth012006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:15 AM   #40
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Seattle , WA
I'll be lurking here too. My shower stall looks pretty bad and I thought there is no recourse until now.