Old 11-10-2007, 11:21 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Kenton , Ohio
Not to steal this thread but when Richard mentioned endcaps I started thinking of other areas this could be used. I was thinking of inside the trailer over the wheel wells. That might prevent them from cracking and if they are already cracked, like mine, it would seal and strengthen them.
Tom

Old 11-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 25' Classic
Hydes
Makes much more sense now. Yea the Line-X i is like non-skid tape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdoc
Hey craftsman; jkru is correct, and it is something I forgot to specify. Rhino can be done in relatively smooth finish, although it will have some texture. From what I understand the hardness can be controlled as well. It can be matched to many color schemes. It is FDA approved for potable water tanks and resists bacteria growth,and can be easily cleaned. If FDA approved it for that, I will approve it as being hygienic enough for my bathroom walls. My bed liner cleans very easily with car soap and water. Line-X at first was first considered by me for the bed of my truck. After seeing one done, it felt like non-skid tape which would take your skin off if you rubbed on it. The reason I went with Rhino because even with texture it is not abrasive. I do not see why minimal texture would make cleaning difficult. Thanks, "Boatdoc"

Old 11-10-2007, 01:07 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

patterson , Louisiana
Bedliner material

In 1999 I had SPEEDLINER applied to the teak and fiberglass decks of my boat. It is great. Has been in the weather ever since. Recall that this stuff is used in lion cages in zoos and other high traffic and wear applications.
It is available in many colors and can be applied smooth. Today you can apply some brands with a roller so there is not the overspray problem. Rhinolinger, Speedliner, Gatorliner all of the same genre.
I have pictures and how I did it on my web site. I love the stuff!!!!!
CCC
Old 11-10-2007, 01:09 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

patterson , Louisiana
Bedliner material.
Big OOOPS
Website address
geocities.com/charlesculotta

CCC
Old 11-10-2007, 02:00 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

Hey! How about using it on the bumper? No rust eh?

Gloria Pace
72 Sovereign
WBCCI 7287
Greenville, Tx
Old 11-10-2007, 02:59 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
let's build a rhinostream!
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:37 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

patterson , Louisiana
Bedliner Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloria Pace
Hey! How about using it on the bumper? No rust eh?

Gloria Pace
72 Sovereign
WBCCI 7287
Greenville, Tx
Gloria,

Liner material will work great on a bumper. You can purchase it by the gallon and roll it yourself or have shop spray it. It will NOT come off!!!!
CCC
carmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:19 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
so now that is all cleared up, have you decided on a color?...dark- light- nuetral...
Old 11-17-2007, 05:49 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
Source of DIY coating...

For anyone that might be interested one source of a coating material used for such things as bed liners that you can install yourself is the following:

Durabak Company; Truck Bed, Marine, Boat Ship Industrial & Workplace Non-Skid Coatings.

The products are available in a variety of colors and either with our without texture. By the way the products evidently are used extensively for maritime applications.

See what you think,

Malcolm
Old 11-26-2007, 05:43 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 26
Norristown , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by malconium
For anyone that might be interested one source of a coating material used for such things as bed liners that you can install yourself is the following:

Durabak Company; Truck Bed, Marine, Boat Ship Industrial & Workplace Non-Skid Coatings.

The products are available in a variety of colors and either with our without texture. By the way the products evidently are used extensively for maritime applications.

See what you think,

Malcolm
Hi Malcolm;
My Rhino dealer is letting me down as I have not heard from him yet. I hate to call and pressure anyone to take my money and your post became a welcomed possibility. I like to thank you for that suggestion. I will contact Duraback and get some specifics after which I will follow with a update. Thanks so much for that input Malcolm. "Boatdoc"
Old 11-28-2007, 08:57 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdoc
Hi Malcolm;
My Rhino dealer is letting me down as I have not heard from him yet. I hate to call and pressure anyone to take my money and your post became a welcomed possibility. I like to thank you for that suggestion. I will contact Duraback and get some specifics after which I will follow with a update. Thanks so much for that input Malcolm. "Boatdoc"
You are certainly welcome. I will be interested to see what you think. When you contact them you can request samples in the color or type of texture you want to check out. What came with the literature that I ordered were two samples about 1-1/2" x 2". One was textured and one was smooth. As I recall I also spoke with someone in sales on the phone that was very helpful. The textured sample has granular particles in it that I can well imagine would be dynamite for anti-skid treatments on boat decks. I was told the the granular version is also a bit tougher because of the granules.

Malcolm
Old 11-28-2007, 10:08 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

1971 25' Caravanner
scappoose , Oregon
Wow, I gotta check this stuff out. I think that I can find many uses for a product such as this,in my line of work. By the way, Malconium, good to see someone else in the group is here in orygun
Old 11-29-2007, 08:25 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
The spray booth was heated to about 110 while it was sprayed
We routinely hit 110 degrees out here in the summer - in the shade. Direct sun temps are well above that. And then there's Phoenix....
There are no problems with pre-heating to 110.
Dave
Old 11-30-2007, 05:37 AM   #28
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
It was january when I had it done... the contrast between the booth and the outside was extreme... Yeh, 110 is no big deal.
I think this material could also be an excellent seam sealer. It is very flexible and water proof. spray it over all the seams while the skin is out, might work well.

Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote