Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Upholstery, Blinds, Walls & Interior Finishes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari
Newport , Oregon
Replacing the side bolster fabric

We have an almost new 2008 Safari 25 with the front gaucho and rear queen bed. It my infinite wisdom when storing said rig, I didn't check the front door deadbolt, and consequently the door side side bolster, or front of the side bolster was water stained from the fairly constant deluge of sideways rain Western Oregon has suffered this winter. I removed lots of screws trying to remove that portion( just the front side piece) to recover it, and failed at getting it apart. Failing to get things apart is usually a good thing for me because I'm even worse at getting things back together in a close facsimile to what was taken apart. The interior is oatmeal(the fabric, not the porridge), and I'd love to find out how to get the replacement material, and how to get it apart to fix it. It is under warranty, but this was my fault and the trailer didn't leak from above. Ideas other than buying a new AS would be appreciated. Cleaning in many attempts didn't help much and we have a major watermark about a third of the way up that side bolster. The rest of the couch is pristine. Thanks.
Steve97365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:00 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari
Newport , Oregon
Anyone???????
Old 05-03-2010, 06:09 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
1950 22' Liner
Powhatan , Virginia
Did you call A/S to see if they can get the fabric? Since it is so new, I would think that would be available. No clue on how to get the bolster apart. Maybe take some photos of all sides and someone can tell from that?
Proud to be Air #37137
Bowmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari
Newport , Oregon
Update

Thanks Bowmans! Sometimes the solution is so simple. I called the dealer, explained the problem, took the blame, and they're getting me the fabric direct from Jackson Center at my expense. The service advisor said he'd walk me through getting the bolster apart. He doesn't have any idea how mechanically clueless I am, so we'll see if this is the last time he offers to do this!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
1950 22' Liner
Powhatan , Virginia
HAHAHA! Glad that worked for you. Can't be as bad as explaining to Magic Chef you need a thermostat for a 30 year old oven and them spending an hour trying to figure out the part. Bad thing is it just arrived tonight and it's not even close to the right part. GAH!
Proud to be Air #37137
Bowmans is offline   Reply With Quote