Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2017, 11:46 AM   #1

1999 28' Excella
Charlottesville , Virginia
Removing the foam backed vinyl ceiling

I have a '99 Excella with foam backed vinyl on the ceiling. It is an ivory color which I think looks dingy but in good condition, no sag. I have checked into painting it with SEM vinyl paint and got an estimate of about $300 for the paint and the prep product. For that price, I'm thinking of just removing it and painting the aluminum skins. I've already removed all the mouse fur walls and the adhesive, that is quite a job! So I know what I would be getting into! I want to see any pics where someone has done this to help me decide if it's worth it or not. On the walls, there where quite a few places that had to be patched around the windows where the builders were sloppy with their cuts, wondering if the ceiling would be the same or not? Thanks!
mfcass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:36 PM   #2
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Good luck! That is gonna be a sticky situation...

Yes,there will be terrible "fitment" issues similar to what you have seen. Yet another reason they cover it all up.

Hope it works for you...

Just something I personally considered... like the extra "temperature" separation the wall coverings provide... ever sleep with your skin touching ice??? That may happen when it gets nippy....

All the best
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote