Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2008, 08:02 PM   #1
SRW
TEXAS66

Georgetown , Texas
Really Weird Bedspread

Help:

Our 2008, 28', International Ocean Breeze has a fitted, white bedspread.

Following the directions we had it dry cleaned and it turned pink on one side and the cleaner's hanger left a rust spot on the top.

We would like to replace it.

Does anyone know of a source that will make a bedspread that will match the dimensions of the existing one?

Thanks,

SRW
SRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Here's a guess,since I don't know a real source: it occurs to me that as long as the new (but damaged) one that you have hasn't shrunk, any decent seamstress should be able to duplicate it for you, using the original one as a pattern.

You may even know a family member that would like to do it for you. A bedspread is made from fabric readily available in almost any town, and the sewing contained in it isn't "rocket surgery" as they say.

Just a thought...
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
Bring it back to your cleaners and ask them to use Erusticator on it. That spot will disappear with just a little drop if it is rust. As for the pink, they must have cleaned it with something else that bled. Soaking it in oxyclean should do the trick to whiten it back up if you should still want to hold onto it.

A good seamstress should be able to replicate your spread from a king size spread.
Good luck.
NEU
enduroryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:20 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Really Wierd Bedspread

Arlene Fowler of Fowler Interiors in Symsonia, Kentucky should be able to fix you up with a duplicate in a fabric and color that will be quite complimentary to your coach. She has refurbished the interiors of both of my coaches and made beautiful fitted bedspreads for my Overlander that matched the blue drapes.

Good luck with your research!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:27 PM   #5
SRW
TEXAS66

Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aage View Post
Here's a guess,since I don't know a real source: it occurs to me that as long as the new (but damaged) one that you have hasn't shrunk, any decent seamstress should be able to duplicate it for you, using the original one as a pattern.

You may even know a family member that would like to do it for you. A bedspread is made from fabric readily available in almost any town, and the sewing contained in it isn't "rocket surgery" as they say.

Just a thought...
\AAge:

Thanks for the suggestion.

SRW
Old 12-20-2008, 08:29 PM   #6
SRW
TEXAS66

Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduroryda View Post
Bring it back to your cleaners and ask them to use Erusticator on it. That spot will disappear with just a little drop if it is rust. As for the pink, they must have cleaned it with something else that bled. Soaking it in oxyclean should do the trick to whiten it back up if you should still want to hold onto it.

A good seamstress should be able to replicate your spread from a king size spread.
Good luck.

Thanks for the information.

I have never heard of Erusticator.

Appreciate your information.

SRW
Old 12-20-2008, 08:42 PM   #7
SRW
TEXAS66

Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander64 View Post
Arlene Fowler of Fowler Interiors in Symsonia, Kentucky should be able to fix you up with a duplicate in a fabric and color that will be quite complimentary to your coach. She has refurbished the interiors of both of my coaches and made beautiful fitted bedspreads for my Overlander that matched the blue drapes.

Good luck with your research!

Kevin
Thanks.

I have sent an email to Fowler Interiors.

SRW
Old 12-21-2008, 05:37 PM   #8
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
If that is the bedspread maligned on another thread as "the 300 pound" bedspread, we were glad to get rid of it and get a Pendleton bedspread. Some are wool and some are 80% wool and 20% cotton. The latter is lighter and plenty warm enough with a blanket underneath. It's not so bulky. It looks good in an Airstream. There are usually sales on the Pendleton website.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:12 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Ponderay , Idaho
Hi SRW~

We also have the Ocean Breeze and I've replaced the bedspread with a chenille one. The white one is bagged up good as new, if you're interested in it, pm me.

Leslie
Tincrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:14 AM   #10
SRW
TEXAS66

Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
If that is the bedspread maligned on another thread as "the 300 pound" bedspread, we were glad to get rid of it and get a Pendleton bedspread. Some are wool and some are 80% wool and 20% cotton. The latter is lighter and plenty warm enough with a blanket underneath. It's not so bulky. It looks good in an Airstream. There are usually sales on the Pendleton website.

Gene
I don't think that the bedspread on the Ocean Breeze was ever intended to be used as a blanket.

With it's fitted corners at the foot and flap at the head it is only intended to be a decorative cover, and to help the bed look neat and tidy.

It probably does feel like it weighs 300 pounds.

SRW
Old 06-23-2009, 06:58 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
Shoreacres , Texas
We have the 2008 27' FB International CCD, which also came with a white fitted bedspread. We have not used it as a cover, but I want to launder it just to freshen it up. After discovering the dry clean instructions on it, I became worried because I have not had much success dry cleaning white clothes of any kind with the different dry cleaning services I've tried over the years in my area. I found your thread when searching for information on the bedspreads. Did you find a solution yet? Did the Erusticator work? I want to keep the original bedspread/cover if at all possible.
Silvertherapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:12 AM   #12
SRW
TEXAS66

Georgetown , Texas
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh350 View Post
We have the 2008 27' FB International CCD, which also came with a white fitted bedspread. We have not used it as a cover, but I want to launder it just to freshen it up. After discovering the dry clean instructions on it, I became worried because I have not had much success dry cleaning white clothes of any kind with the different dry cleaning services I've tried over the years in my area. I found your thread when searching for information on the bedspreads. Did you find a solution yet? Did the Erusticator work? I want to keep the original bedspread/cover if at all possible.
I never got around to using Erusticator, we have just been putting up with the slightly pink, shrunken spread.

Does that mean I am a procrastinator? Probably.

By the way since our spread shrunk I have read that's it quite common for "dry cleaners" to wash stuff using water. Interesting.

SRW