Old 07-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2013 27' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Livingston , Texas
Pattern for wrap around window curtains?

Just curious if anyone has made a pattern for the wrap around Airstream window curtains. I'd like to try making replacement ones and a pattern would save a step. Would expect to pay for it.

westernviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member
1978 28' Ambassador
Savannah , Georgia
Do not have a pattern for the curtains from my AS. Am in the process of replacing lining and hanging hardware. These were very well made. Reminds me of the ones my mother used to make. Wonder if I should just make new ones and chunk the old ones, but the interior fabric is still in great condition. Soaked and washed them. Will attack stubborn stains with lemon/salt/sun combo. My mother was a home economics country girl!

Skamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member
2006 28' International CCD
Nashville , Tennessee
I'm considering making new ones also. I was just going to disassemble the old ones and use those as a pattern. I'm a home economics country girl myself!

dmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member
1996 30' Land Yacht
Frankfort , Indiana
Since all you gals are working on curtains, I would like to tackle the sofa bed and dinette seat cushions..The fabric is brand new but not my color. The sofa is a jack knife style. Any suggestions?
silverescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
Rivet Master
2010 30' Flying Cloud
Bakersfield , California
We just took the white ones out of our trailer, and made new ones using those as templates. Turned out great.

We also had the upholstry redone with better foam through a local guy.
Attached Images
ASwifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #6

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Talk to They make very nice curtains! They did slip covers for our Bambi and they were great!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:38 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member
1978 28' Ambassador
Savannah , Georgia
HHHmmmmm just checked things out and nope not one of "all you gals". Thanks for the compliment anyway.
Skamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:13 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1969 25' Tradewind
1971 18' Caravel
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Not one of "all you gals" either , but I did reuse the interior fabric from the existing curtains in my 71 Caravel and relined them. I had to open the seams and replace the deteriorated linings. I then soaked them in a b gallon bucket ( as many as would fit) for about two hours with a 1/2 cup of bleach and 1 cup of TSP (new substitute). Even though they should have been dry cleaned the linings didn't look like they would take it anyway. I then gently rinsed them several times in fresh water and hung them out to dry. (I lucked out and there wasn't any shrinkage) Don't put them into a machine unless its on gentle cycle and rinse only unless you want to completely shred the old lining and possibly the curtain fabric. (I learned the hard way) Their not new but with some replacement hanger slides they now look pretty decent. I hope to invest some time over the winter to make new ones. I don't think there is much to making a pattern after disassembling a couple. It just a matter of taking the correct measurements from the inside of the trailer. Remember the old adage, "measure twice, cut once."

Here's a discussion onn curtains from the "Classic Rides" series on an Airstream restoration.

TWaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:13 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member
1980 31' Excella II
Davenport , Iowa
Send a message via Yahoo to MRHottinger Send a message via Skype™ to MRHottinger
Originally Posted by TWaugh View Post

...Here's a discussion onn curtains from the "Classic Rides" series on an Airstream restoration.

YouTube - Airstream Restore DIY 08-2 Curtain
Wow... just caught myself blowing 45 minutes watching other clips from this restoration online. Well it is not really blown because I enjoyed them. I now have to go back and see all of the clips.

MRHottinger is offline   Reply With Quote