Old 03-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
TSP is a great cleaner. It comes in a box and it is very inexpensive.

Dan

Old 03-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1966 20' Globetrotter
Long Beach , Mississippi
I decided to paint. Theres a bunch of holes (too many and too close for rivets) that need filling and I found a pearlescent paint I LOVE. I got some tsp to clean with and gripper primer from sherwin williams. If the weather agrees and I get my prep work done this weekend I might get it done next week. We are also going to paint the bathroom enclosure thing. My husband is going to spray it with an automotive paint gun. I just can't live with insane asylum green. I'll try to post pics and list product in case is helps anyone else. Thanks for all the feedback y'all!

Old 03-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1982 34' Limited
Brunswick , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandTPerez
I decided to paint. Theres a bunch of holes (too many and too close for rivets) that need filling and I found a pearlescent paint I LOVE. I got some tsp to clean with and gripper primer from sherwin williams. If the weather agrees and I get my prep work done this weekend I might get it done next week. We are also going to paint the bathroom enclosure thing. My husband is going to spray it with an automotive paint gun. I just can't live with insane asylum green. I'll try to post pics and list product in case is helps anyone else. Thanks for all the feedback y'all!
If the shower enclosure you are referring to is the shower walls, take a look at a Sherwin Williams product called "tile doc" . That is what it is for...worth a look before you paint!
WBCCI #3321
TAC #GA-24
c_lewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

1963 28' Ambassador
1978 28' Ambassador
Boerne , Texas
I just finished two, a 63 and 78. I washed them down with Krud kutter and scrubber sponge. Then primed them with Kilz, oil based primer. Painted one with a roller sponge roller, and the 78 with 20 cans of Rustoleum with primer. I like the spray paint job best, the 78 had that texture you described. It looks really good.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #19
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1955 22' Safari
Great Lake State , .
IronClad by Benjamin Moore the best..........toastie

IronClad® Latex Low Lustre Metal & Wood Enamel 363/C363
Old 03-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

1966 20' Globetrotter
Long Beach , Mississippi
We got the bathroom done. We used the tile doc stuff and sprayed it with his automotive paint sprayer. It came out nice. I have pics but the lighting is bad and it's hard to see the color difference, but it looks awesome when you're in it. We're getting bad weather today and tomorrow so no work for awhile. I have a lot of fixing to do before painting. The po slapped paint on the cabinet ends and got it on the metal trim, over screw heads, etc. has anyone ever changed the wallpaper stuff on the upper cabinets? It's coming off on the inside but all I see are rivets on the inside holding the wood to the trim, how does that go back together? I'd like to either take it off and paint, repaper, or do a metal covering on the outside. Thanks, you guys are so helpful. I get crosseyed searching through all these posts. : p