Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Upholstery, Blinds, Walls & Interior Finishes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-18-2016, 03:27 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
Fort Collins , Colorado
Northern CO Upholstery shop or Seamstress?

I need to have new curtains made for my 68 Globe trotter. I am looking for a recommendation for an Upholstery shop or seamstress/tailor that would do this kind of work in Northern Colorado (Fort Collins/Loveland area). The Upholstery shops I've talked to aren't interested in doing curtains and places that specialize in curtains are only interested in using their standard fabrics and materials.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Old 09-15-2016, 10:05 AM   #2

2003 25' Safari
Denver , Colorado
Scott, I live in Denver and I'm working with someone I would consider to be reasonable and knowledgeable. If you would like his contact info, let me know!
Simpsonb33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:54 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Spring , Texas
Wish I could help with a recommendation, but haven't lived in CO for many years. My Gma used to have an upholstery shop in Eaton. So I come by my DIY gene honestly. Our trailer came with some of the original curtains, nice heavy lined ones worth saving. I made them another color, with a non-traditional method. The rest of the windows have new blinds I made. Sort of a modified Roman Blind. They use basic sewing skills, an iron and a few tools. There is a thread somewhere around here called "Low-tech Blinds". You can check them out there if interested.
Starstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:54 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
Fort Collins , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonb33 View Post
Scott, I live in Denver and I'm working with someone I would consider to be reasonable and knowledgeable. If you would like his contact info, let me know!
That would be great. Please email me at sflugu AT yahoo DOT com.

Thanks!