Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1996 30' Land Yacht
Flagler Beach , Florida
New Purchase 1996 30' Airstream Land Yacht

Good evening all;

Last week I purchased a 1996 30' Airstream Land Yacht. The wife and I are going to undertake some "restoration" to this RV that needs to be done. The RV for the most part is in good condition. It has some water leak issues that need to be dealt with, which I will undertake soon.

I am going to be taking out the vinyl window trim, and the 'leaded glass" cabinet inserts. Also coming out is the fold out couch and the "bucket chair" that is behind the passenger seat. (putting in a desk that we can work from)

My question is this: Is there any value in these items to other RVers out there? I would hate to trash these items if other Land Yacht owners could use them. BUT, I also do not want to store them either... I have enough "stuff" to get rid of now before I retire and live on the road with the wife in 2 years.

Is there an RV "swap shop" where these things can be traded or sold. I was thinking about putting them on eBay, but then I have to ship them, and that would be more trouble than it is worth.

BTW, we are removing the couch to put in a double loveseat or 2 small chairs since we will not be needing the extra sleeping space. It will be just the 2 of us using the RV.

Any suggestions?
Woodyacme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:39 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1997 31' Land Yacht
Mahone Bay , Nova Scotia
I am nor aware of an RV swap shop, but it is a good idea! One man's trash is another's treasure. Perhaps at a rally?

We would appreciate pictures of what you are doing/have done. What are you going to replace the glass inserts with? Did you find a good love seat?
wheelygoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:31 PM   #3

1968 24' Tradewind
1996 34' Excella
Benton City , Washington
If you still have the couch and chair can you send pictures?
kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:45 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1996 30' Land Yacht
Flagler Beach , Florida
sorry..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona View Post
If you still have the couch and chair can you send pictures?
Unfortunatly, both the couch & the chair came out in pieces...

We put in a regular leather loveseat and use the space where the chair was for the dogs bed.

Which is a shame, the chair was in GREAT shape...

Steve
Woodyacme is offline   Reply With Quote