Old 02-14-2004, 01:26 AM   #29
4 Rivet Member
Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat

WOW! You and I have almost the IDENTICAL Singer machine..
Mine is a 1941 I that's over 62 years old. HEY! Same as ME!
Now you know that...
but, really, that little machine is like the "Nu-Tone" centers in the countertop in some Airstreams...if you let the motor seize might as well put in a complete new counter, because it will be "toast"....nnd, likewise, if the Singer Featherweight's motor goes, the machine is worthless.

So, like the Nu-Tone, I take the Singer in for a complete overhaul oil and check the 'workings' of the motor.
BECAUSE, THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW, SAY "WHEN IT'S GONE...IT'S GONE." You cannot get a replacement motor.
I'll take a picture of my little Bantum ("Featherweight")---that's their names; and yes, they are like Airstreams!...and I'll post it in a new post so we can compare them. I knew a Singer dealer in California who collected them...and would pay $1,000 for them in any condition (except seized-up motors). It's be fun to look for them on eBay wouldn't it? They do sew up a storm,,,and make an absolutely perfect 'top-stitch'. I've had a design/construction business for 14 years, 3 state of the art sewing machines and sergers, and I did a lot of tailoring, and anytime I needed to do a top-stitch---OUT CAME the Featherweight!

That's the big challege of owning something VINTAGE...either you 1. keep it up, 2. find a replacement, or 3. RE-design it. Those are the choices...none other. (I don't think)...

Gosh, I keep thinking that's my post when I see your logo Herritt...I'm working on the 'duley-flags' we can tell each other apart.

I'll be posting new photos of the couch and the salon soon in my Photo Album.
I said how much it cost to have the couch and the swivel chair reupholstered in a previous post I didn't answer that question again. If you didn't see it, you might scroll back up here.
Also, you shouldn't have to pay over $11.00 a yard for the Naugahyde. If you need a number for an outlet, let me know...I have the local one in Seattle...and they would be happy to provide me with the main number who could give you one in any location. The $11/yard was a top price....there were many others (all Naugahyde) that were $8.00, $9.00 and $10. The prices I gave above included the labour, the replacement padding, and the tax. I was even provide some surplus yardage I could (and DID) make additional pillows out of. (Even used some to make a new 'boot' for the shift-column on my Nissan>)

.........Just me........The Canadian Cat

*Cat's Vardo "Bear" (1981-32ft.Excella)[/u] to meet good people in good Parks[/i]
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #30
USN/LAPD Retired
2005 25' Safari
North Las Vegas , United States
2005 AS Safari "new" curtains

Ok, Mrs Safari-Rick (Suni) and me ) finally decided to "make" new curtains for our AS Safari. We used spring loaded rods inside the existing valance and for the front we used a slider rod as after 8 years, we finally noticed that the mother ship did not put a valance in the front window ! We used two different designs. (Living area and Bedroom). Cost was about $150 and time. Suni measured and I sewed (first time)!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream curtins 001.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	190890   Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream curtins 002.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	190891  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream curtins 007.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	190892   Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream curtins 005.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	190893  

2007 Dodge Ram Quadcab 6.7L Diesel w/jakebrake

"Better to have more then you need, then need more then you have because you don't have enough!"
AIR #: 8129
Safari-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote