Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Madison , 30650
Need new curtains - 1986 Sovereign

The original curtains and hardware are still in and look great - as long as you don't touch them..... all the heat since 1986 has cooked them and they are falling apart (kind of like me). Would love to know the best source for ordering new.

Thanks and Happy 4th!
mredwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
You can use "Search" link above in blue bar when logged into site and type "curtains" to see threads from others who have asked and gotten recommendations about curtains.. To save some time, JPA Drapes (used to be JP Ambruso) is dominant supplier of Airstream curtains. They have patterns and layouts for all models, and will furnish a sample booklet of fabrics for small fee. They send you a template, and you mark windows you want replaced, and confirm dimensions (top to bottom rail lengths) and send them a large-ish check and new drapes come in box pleated and ready to slide in.. Here is link: Drapes For Airstream and Argosy Trailers

Other companies that provide drapes include Fowler Interiors (www.fowlerrvinteriors.com) in KY, and Air Drapes (www.airdrapes.com) ...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Mt. Bethel , Pennsylvania
I have used AirDrapes myself and was very happy. The curtains came all pleated, pressed and ready to hang up with all the new hardware. The fit was spot on. I have heard good things about Fowler interiors as well.
jayhaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2001 27' Safari
Springfield , Virginia
Smile AirDrapes.com top notch

I just received my custom-made bedspread/comforter from AirDrapes in Pen Argyl, PA. Carey Boland created a masterpiece for me to replace the rather ugly spread that came with my 2001 Safari trailer and had seen better days. I highly recommend her work...sheer wizardry! The new custom spread is reversible with a blue pattern on one side and a harmonizing buff pattern on the reverse. It was Carey who suggested doing it that way. I met her at 2013 Alumapalooza and she is a truly dedicated to delivering a quality product to Airstreamers. My opinion: A++! Her web site is Home - Air Drapes.

L. Brodsky
Springfield, VA
lbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sovereign