Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2005, 07:50 PM   #21
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Funny you should mention that

Quote:
Originally Posted by squrlgurl
The PO of our trailer had done a ramshackle job of installing curtain rods, mixing screws and nails with probably some heavy drinking involved!,so I really wanted to stick with the tracks and repair teh damaged wood.
We also have found evidence of, umm, "field repairs" that obviously had involved consuming copious amounts of alcohol before beginning any project. We have so far found no less than 17 (!) empty liquor bottles stashed in various out-of-the-way spots, like inside the cover for the bathtub...
Old 11-04-2005, 07:52 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
barrie , ontario
79/ 31' A/S land yacht sovereign

we have an acadian door that we have just taken off the bedroom not sure if you want it with tabs, u pay postage,let us know, edandgraeme1@sympatico.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by squrlgurl
Since my 63 Overlander didn't come with the actual folding accordian doors, I am in need of the tabs that slide along in the track so I can sew them to some curtains. I have seen a number of differnt style curtain slider tabs for sale on various A/S-related websites, but do not know what I am looking for. Anyone have a picture of or suggestions for what I need?

-Thanks
Tracey
twoguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:30 PM   #23
SqurlGurl

1977 31' Excella 500
Bozman , Maryland
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
We also have found evidence of, umm, "field repairs" that obviously had involved consuming copious amounts of alcohol before beginning any project. We have so far found no less than 17 (!) empty liquor bottles stashed in various out-of-the-way spots, like inside the cover for the bathtub...
Wow! That's an alarming amount and why was someone stashing empties?

I found a *full* gallon milk-jug of urine? under the bathroom vanity. At least it looked like really old urine and I was not about to open it up to check. We sacrificed it to the fire-gods on our burning brush pile along with all of the single stained socks found stuffed in every crevice and fugly flooring tiles I scraped off.

Isn't there an "Tales Of Terrible Trailer Treasures" sub-forum we should be posting this type of stuff to ?

(\__/) (((( ))))
/O O ./ ((( ))))
{O__, \ (( )))
/ . . ) \ )))))
|-| '-' \ (()
.( _( )_.'
'---.~_ _

squrlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 10:54 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
Lufkin , Texas
Tabby Thingy's continued...

Thanks Overlander!
That's good news, and Marie did a beautiful job!
And Twoguys, I'll email you for details. I don't want the door, but would love the tabs if they are in functional order.

Tracey, I sure like the idea of "Tales Of Terrible Trailer Treasures". I found a pair of really old, well worn, tiny (maybe size 5?) ballet flats. hmmmm....
BTW Tracey, I made my way to your blog site looking for pictures of your trailer. We both have old Airstreams, cats name Booger, too many pets, checkered kitchen floors, husband's with picky bathroom habits, an aversion to ugly sweaters, and live in tiny little towns. Pretty cool huh?
maztoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 06:52 PM   #25
SqurlGurl

1977 31' Excella 500
Bozman , Maryland
Maztoz, you have one up on me though. You have seen my trailer but I haven't seen yours

That's a whole heck of alot of "in-commoms"...and I am glad someone read my ugly sweater rant and liked it

-Tracey

(\__/) (((( ))))
/O O ./ ((( ))))
{O__, \ (( )))
/ . . ) \ )))))
|-| '-' \ (()
.( _( )_.'
'---.~_ _

Old 11-09-2005, 09:59 AM   #26
1 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
Lufkin , Texas
Question 2guys Tabs ??

Hey 2guys,
Haven't heard back from you about the offer for the curtain tabs. I just received the fabric and I'm itchin' to sew! Well, not really...
And Ms. Tracey -- I sent an email to your blog site but it bounced back
Should I try again? I found the coolest fabric on ebay.
My Booger says "hi" to your Booger
maztoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:58 PM   #27
SqurlGurl

1977 31' Excella 500
Bozman , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by maztoz
Hey 2guys,
Haven't heard back from you about the offer for the curtain tabs. I just received the fabric and I'm itchin' to sew! Well, not really...
And Ms. Tracey -- I sent an email to your blog site but it bounced back
Should I try again? I found the coolest fabric on ebay.
My Booger says "hi" to your Booger
Hmmmm...gonna have to check that email link on the blog. I'd love to see the fabric. Email me at squirrelsaresoft@gmail.com

my Booger had a pus volcano (yep...ugh!) on the top of his head as a result of a cat fight last week. He's much better and back to his rowdy small-helpless-critter-harassing self. He sends a big Hi to your Booger!

-Tracey

(\__/) (((( ))))
/O O ./ ((( ))))
{O__, \ (( )))
/ . . ) \ )))))
|-| '-' \ (()
.( _( )_.'
'---.~_ _