Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1966 22' Safari
Hinsdale , New Hampshire
Need help on a shower curtain.

Hello,
I've decided since it is winter and I'm stuck indoors most of the time I should make the covers for the gauchos, replace the drapes and make a new shower curtain. Every thing is good but the shower curtain. Does anyone have a pattern for a 1966 Safari curtain. I'll pay for shipping. I can't wait until the spring so I can find out what works and doesn't in the Airstream, it was too cold to test anything more than the lights. Everything else has to wait. Patience is not my strong point.
Thanks
Deborah
drowe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1963 22' Safari
2020 27' Globetrotter
State of , Washington
Send a message via MSN to goransons
I think the shower curtain was a folding wall in 66, but I could be wrong.
goransons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
Dallas , Texas
Deborah, there were both - shower curtain and folding wall. IF you go to the Forum Listings page - click on the Search tab - and enter search criteria you'll probably get some hits from past threads - or go to the model forums - such as Safari and search those threads - I have a 66 Caravel and some months back I got quite a bit of info on my shower curtain question - so until someone answers you directly, you might do some digging here on the forum
pcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
My '66 Safari has a folding shower door that fastens directly to the bathroom wall. I believe it's cardboard or pressed board of some sort on the inside with plastic/vinyl on the outside.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:10 AM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
Ours had a shower curtain in it. I took an old sheet, poked some holes on the top, hung it up, then cut out a pattern. Ours has the weird shaped rail that trails down the wall towards the sink. I am still looking for fabric for the actual curtain but I think it will work out fine.
https://www.etsy.com/your/listings
Silver Threads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:49 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Making a Shower Curtain.

If you have to fit one to a curved wall, use poster board, or pressed cardboard etc. to make a pattern, You can take straight strips two inches wide and about six inches long, and just start on the side and tape them together one at a time to match the curve. Cut up a cereal box for the cheapest pattern material.

Fabric or Plastic? Your choice. I have used plastic - simply find a full size "tub" shower curtain you like, then cut down a curved side and install snaps. The trick to successfully sewing plastic is to place it between two layers of tissue paper so that the plastic won't stick to the plate or presser foot. You may want to lower or cover the feed dogs if your machine comes with a darning pressure plate or has adjustable feed dogs.

Paula