Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Upholstery, Blinds, Walls & Interior Finishes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
Milford , Ohio
Need curtain track photos circa '79

A previous owner removed the original drapes in my 1979 31' center bath trailer. They put in some roll-up blinds and valances on rods. The original side valances with upper curtain tracks were left in place, but the lower curtain tracks were removed. Front window tracks upper and lower are all in place. See the attached photo.

My plan is to buy a set of living room drapes from JPA drapes but the first step would be to get the lower tracks installed on the side windows. I think I've managed to scrounge up all the mounting hardware I need, and I know the straight track sections are avaialble.

Just so I get it right, I'd like for someone to post a few photos showing the finer details of track installation. The brackets I have could be installed in an overhand or underhand configuration and I want to get it back to factory original look. All the old bracket holes have been filled with screws so locating where they go and how many needed should not be a problem. Also some detail on how the ends of the tracks are capped off would be great. I realize photos from other model years around the same time period would probably work just as well.

The rear bedroom will be done later, but if a person has the time, I'll take a few photos of the fine details there as well. I have a full sized bed with a single roof locker on the dirver's side. The roof locker has an upper curtain track on the bottom side, while the rest of the upper track is on a padded valance that wraps around the bedroom and was left in place. All lower tracks were removed back there too.

Thanks,
Christopher
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	23_back to normal.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	341.0 KB
ID:	119155  
blickcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
Bethlehem , Pennsylvania
Hi Christopher,

Here are some pictures of Wayne installing side window tracks in our '73 Safari. We were missing the bottom track on the front and side windows. JPA Drapes (Audrey...nice lady) used our final measurements to make our drapes. You could probably line up the side window tracks with your front window track.

Ellen
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_1770.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	248.8 KB
ID:	119185   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1773.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	278.8 KB
ID:	119186  

Name:	100_1775.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	249.2 KB
ID:	119187   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1772.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	306.2 KB
ID:	119188  

Rawfoodgirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by blickcd View Post
A previous owner removed the original drapes in my 1979 31' center bath trailer. They put in some roll-up blinds and valances on rods. The original side valances with upper curtain tracks were left in place, but the lower curtain tracks were removed. Front window tracks upper and lower are all in place. See the attached photo.

My plan is to buy a set of living room drapes from JPA drapes but the first step would be to get the lower tracks installed on the side windows. I think I've managed to scrounge up all the mounting hardware I need, and I know the straight track sections are avaialble.

Just so I get it right, I'd like for someone to post a few photos showing the finer details of track installation. The brackets I have could be installed in an overhand or underhand configuration and I want to get it back to factory original look. All the old bracket holes have been filled with screws so locating where they go and how many needed should not be a problem. Also some detail on how the ends of the tracks are capped off would be great. I realize photos from other model years around the same time period would probably work just as well.

The rear bedroom will be done later, but if a person has the time, I'll take a few photos of the fine details there as well. I have a full sized bed with a single roof locker on the dirver's side. The roof locker has an upper curtain track on the bottom side, while the rest of the upper track is on a padded valance that wraps around the bedroom and was left in place. All lower tracks were removed back there too.

Thanks,
Christopher
All your drape track, is still available, if you wish to go that way.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
Bethlehem , Pennsylvania
Christopher,

See how the bottom of both the side and front drapes line up.

Hope this helps you.

Ellen
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_1998.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	279.2 KB
ID:	119189   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1999.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	119190  

Rawfoodgirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:57 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawfoodgirl3 View Post
Hi Christopher,

Here are some pictures of Wayne installing side window tracks in our '73 Safari. We were missing the bottom track on the front and side windows. JPA Drapes (Audrey...nice lady) used our final measurements to make our drapes. You could probably line up the side window tracks with your front window track.

Ellen
On our 81 Excella the bottom tracks line up as in Raw Food Girls fotos. Sal.
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
Milford , Ohio
Ellen, those photos are just what I needed. Thanks. Andy, I know you have the track, though no offense, I will check my local parts dealer first to avoid shipping costs, and they also give me a regular customer discount.

Anyone with some rear bedroom curtain track photos, please post them. I suspect that they are installed similar to the front, with two straight ones on the sides, and a single piece across the back with the ends bent into curves. Then again the back piece might be spliced in the middle, which makes more sense to bend up on the spot.

Christopher
blickcd is offline   Reply With Quote