Medic family work in progress

Can you guess my theme?

Steve

Old 10-04-2007, 04:03 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Ledyard , Connecticut
New fabric store

A new fabric store opened nearby with all fabrics priced $1.99 per yard! I stopped in this morning and my creative mind is spinning! At that price I can slipcover and change out every fabric in the trailer plus add a valance over each window for less than $50 bucks!

Curtains, bedspread, slipcovers for the dinette, and valances. Now if only I could choose from among all the wonderful choices!

Mary

The more I try to understand people, the better I like my dog.
rettoc625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:30 AM   #31
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Central Part , Maryland
Very nice TB...

And your subject for this thread is right on the point. After getting back from my "coast to coast to coast" trip I took my 19' back to Jackson Center for a maintenance visit. Since it is approaching its 2-year warrenty-ending anniversary I wanted to get my list of items taken care of "for free" . (I never did get my frig fan figured out or working, and then the elec switch at the door messed up and I could no longer switch all the elec on/off inside inside the trailer - it was stuck "on". Plus I wanted the wheel bearings repacked and brakes checked after the 15,000 + miles I have put on etc etc.)

Anyway, after I got back I made a maintenance appt and we took a run over there (from my driveway to JC is only 480 miles so that is ok). So, the point of how your thread applies is we got to the Terraport at JC over the weekend and it was about 1/3 full and then by Sunday evening it was about 3/4 full and we got to wander around and meet lots of people, many of whom were more than happy to show the fruits of their labors in how they had restored/customized the interiors of their Airstreams...

So then my wife & I come back to ours and we looked around and we both said "ours looks so plain..." And it does. It is 99% exactly the same as when we pulled off the dealers lot. Ours is the "Forest Sage" color package and your photos have given us a bunch of ideas in how we can spruce it up a little (or a lot).

Anyway, thanks again for your ideas. And if you & Greg ever start up a production line turning out complete color coordinated "sets" of linens, rugs, drapes, etc keep me in mind... Since my 19' is an exact twin of yours just make two of everything and send me whichever ones you don't want !!!

best regards, Dave
AIR#23096
" I am lost and have gone Airstreaming to find myself, If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait..."
wagnerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:09 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Hey Dave (wagnerda)...thanks for your post and comments... (and again, thank you for sharing our epic trip with us all...an inspiration for sure!)... Glad you like our "decor" creations...it's fun, and now trips to the fabric store plants all sorts of new ideas in our heads...we have fabric waiting in the wings already. We actually have put another decor together that we call "Old Pueblo"...a southwest motif in earth tones...and accents in dark brown faux leather and suede...pics are taken but not uploaded yet...I'll do that soon...we just got back from a week long stay up in the White Mountains...using the "Old Pueblo"... It was chilly up there (27 degrees one night), so this decor was nice and cozy feeling. Since we just got back last Thursday, I'm a bit behind with the forum and checking into threads... I've kidded with Greg about starting to make sets of slip covers, etc for others...still working on him. I'll let you know if I'm successful! In the meantime, glad you've got the bug to personalize your Bambi! (Like I've said before, they are a size that really make is easy...it doesn't take a lot to change the whole atmosphere...) And one thing we've discovered is that if we carry swatches of the fabrics we've used with us when we visit the fabric store, not only does it help tremendously in seeing if a new fabric goes whith what you've used, but it also make it possible to chose fabrics that you can mix and match to create even more variations...especially in things like throw pillows and curtains. And we buy most of our fabrics from the remnants table at discounted costs. (Watch for sales, too!)

And Steve (soldiermedic)...love your military theme! Looks great...and fits you, needless to say! We have been looking at that camouflage netting at the army surplus place near us thinking it might make a nice shade maker attached to the awning somehow...light-weight and lets the air through...of course if we did that we'd have to go the whole nine yards like you did!

I'll get those pics up ASAP...

Travel well...
TB
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:07 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich
Angie...

Thanks! And since you asked I have uploaded several pics of the "Bambi Port" building process in our Member's Photos site:

http://www.airforums.com/photos/brow...0&userid=21900

I explain the process a little in the captions... But in a nutshell...we "re-invented" a carport that we had built earlier then took down when we sold our 2nd car...we saved all the materials, so when we did the "Bambi Port" (finished just last weekend) we used all these recycled materials, except for the new 2x4 rafters we needed... The major difference between the two "ports" we built is that this one for the Bambi had to be higher than the house...so this one is supported fromthe house roof one side... Now the Bambi is protected from the elements...and a heck of a lot cooler in the summer heat!

TB
MOre improvmeents to the "Bambi Port"....We have just added custom made wroght iron gates to it...there are pictures of the actual port construction at the link above...and the new gates are shown below... We did this mainly for security reasons no problems so far, but I don't want to worry about it either)...and to help make it less obvious that we are gone when we are out on a trip... The double front gates open outwards toward the street to allow for backing in the Bambi, and the side walk-through gate lets us access the area without opening up the fornt gates... The tarp you see in the pics on the west side can be removed during the winter when we don't need to shelter it from western sun and violent storms...and in the winter we will have a single tarp street-side to block the southern sun (and the line of vision of passers-by)... The last picture shows what it looks like with the front tarp down... (We plan to paint that tarp to match the house so it's not as "glaring".)... The port has a 30-amp outlet and cable TV hookup...and we also have dump capabilities....all the comforts of camping! We are pleased with the overall results.

TB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bambi Gate_08_Sm.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	48485   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bambi Gate_07_Sm.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	48486  

Name:	Bambi Gate_09_Sm.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	48487   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bambi Gate_05_Sm.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	48488  

Unit #3954
Old 11-01-2007, 01:03 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
For now I have been toying with a camping/woodsie theme, considering darker more contrasty colors for the winter months. I would love some leather tooled accent pillows. Don't mind the basket of dead flowers too much...they used to be alive. Well perhaps appropriate at this stage in the season anyhow, it is mimicking nature. A little shuffle of housewares to make it more personal. Perhaps curtains and slip covers will come in time.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_MG_7050.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	331.1 KB
ID:	48496   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_7039.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	246.1 KB
ID:	48497  

Name:	_MG_7037.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	274.9 KB
ID:	48499   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_7034.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	356.6 KB
ID:	48501  

Name:	_MG_7019.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	48504  
Attached Images

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:30 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Nice, Carol! We have been thinking about a mountan cabin theme as well...thanks for the inspiration!

TB
Unit #3954
Old 12-28-2007, 05:14 PM   #36
2 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Red Oak , Texas
I love the unique interiors and look forward to my New Year's resolution of repair (the basics that deteriorate from lack of use) and renovation (to make it more personalized and like home).

Please post links to your custom interiors. I am always looking for new ideas.

Sharon
Old 01-01-2008, 10:51 PM   #37
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
VERY NICE! I Love what you've done with the place.
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:19 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
A New Décor: "Paradise"

Well, Greg has done it again...He is always working on a new décor for the Bambi. There are several in his repertoire now (which continues to grow), but his latest is very special...we call it "Paradise"...it's based on our favorite tropical flower...a print of birds-of-paradise on a black background...we've been looking a long time for something with bird-of-paradise. This would look great is any Bambi, whether it's a Safari (SE or otherwise) or a CCD with it's black and orange and white scheme... He's teamed the print with a very durable and easily cleaned black faux leather for the dinette cushions. The pics say it all:

Pic #1: The dinette with the curtains completely closed....he now makes the curtains in two long panels (rather than the factory scheme of four) that meet in the middle... they are easier to manage...

Pic #2: A closer shot of the curbside seat and small accent pillow...

Pic #3: The curtains partially closed...the curtains are lined with black fabric to block the light...

Pic #4: The curtains completely open...we gather/pleat the curtains in front of the window pillars rather than behind the bolsters...that way they are not crushed behind the dinette bolster cushions (the odd-shaped bolsters behind the dinette back cushions)...

Pic #5: The street side cushions with the small pillow, curtains gathered at the window pillar and the kitchen window valance.

Pic #6: A close-up of the kitchen window valance...these are held to the top of the blind housing with Velcro.

Pic #7: Here’s the bed area with the window valance, pillows and pillow shams. The bed has a black fleece cover on it...

Pic #8: A closer look at the shams and pillows.... The two side pillows store individual down throws for cold nights...the long front sham contains the bed pillows and the sham in the back (in black) contains a feather comforter.

Cool, huh?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Paradise_12_Sm.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	61842   Click image for larger version

Name:	Paradise_14_Sm.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	61843  

Name:	Paradise_09_Sm.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	61844   Click image for larger version

Name:	Paradise_04_Sm.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	61845  

Name:	Paradise_01_Sm.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	61846   Click image for larger version

Name:	Paradise_20_Sm.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	61847  

Name:	Paradise_06_Sm.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	61848  
Unit #3954
Old 06-05-2008, 07:23 PM   #39
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Rivet Beautiful!!!

Now all you need is a cheeseburger.

I have been considering Duponi silk in a shade of ivory along with some upgrades, sort of a combo yacht/corporate jet clean look. Nice and light and I love the way light filters through the rougher silks. That look is tempting, though.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:25 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by vswingfield View Post
Now all you need is a cheeseburger.

I have been considering Duponi silk in a shade of ivory along with some upgrades, sort of a combo yacht/corporate jet clean look. Nice and light and I love the way light filters through the rougher silks. That look is tempting, though.
Thanks, Vaughan! We think it's super! Now we need to take another trip to try it out!
Unit #3954
Old 06-06-2008, 12:47 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Interior themes

Hi, we originally wanted a French theme for our trailer; And after three years we finally decorated our trailer to have that French theme, but we decided to make the bedroom Asian.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	My Picture CD 429 (Large).jpg
Views:	84
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	61855   Click image for larger version

Name:	My Picture CD 430 (Large).jpg
Views:	87
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	61856  

Name:	My Picture CD 424 (Large).jpg
Views:	90
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	61857   Click image for larger version

Name:	My Picture CD 423 (Large).jpg
Views:	84
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	61858  

Name:	My Picture CD 418 (Large).jpg
Views:	101
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	61859   Click image for larger version

Name:	My Picture CD 420 (Large).jpg
Views:	91
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	61860  

Name:	My Picture CD 421 (Large).jpg
Views:	68
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	61861   Click image for larger version

Name:	My Picture CD 422 (Large).jpg
Views:	86
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	61862  

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:22 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Bob...how fun! It's wonderful how everyone claims their Airstream space for themselves...I really like your curtains to the bedroom...the best of both worlds! (The bed "area" in the Bambi can't really be called another room...so ours is all one theme..) Help us all if we ever aquire an AS with more space!

Unit #3954