Old 08-12-2007, 07:35 PM   #15
Alumination

2005 28' Safari
Hillsboro , Texas
Send a message via MSN to njoysrvin
GREAT PICS !!!!!! we are planning some slip covers ourselves ...just haven't picked out material yet. so thanks , after seeing photos , we are getting some ideas.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:17 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
st louis , Missouri
Thanks so much for starting this thread. My husband doesn't like the fabric on the dinette, so he's been after me to change them. Your pics have given me some ideas. We eventually want to take the carpet in living room out and do vinyl or wood. Why do they put an oatmeal color in a trailer? With 12 feet ( 4 human and 8 canine) it doesn't stay clean for long.

When Mr. Greg did the slipcovers did you use different cushions for each set or do you just change the covers?

Thanks again,
Marty

Old 08-13-2007, 06:08 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2007 16' International CCD
Hacienda Heights , California
Thumbs up Bambi Port?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich
Thanks, Pat...

We made the slip covers ourselves. Greg is somewhat of a "rennaisance man"...when he wasn't swinging a hammer to build a "Bambi Port" (a high car port attached to othe side of our home to shelter the Bambi...a whole 'nother story), he was hard at work at the sewing machine... He was definitley in "project mode"...

TB
Hi TBRich, love all your different styles! Can you post some pictures of your "Bambi Port"?
Angie...
Thanks, and keep posting pictures of your upcoming styles? Hey maybe you can even sell them?
Old 08-13-2007, 06:13 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Between Here , And There
Last year the Ralph Lauren Foundation refurbed three airstreams with various interiors to raise money for the foundation. They created the Adirondak, Nautical and Southwest interiors. You can go to their web site to view. Pay particular attention to the outdoor furniture and the awnings.

About Ralph Lauren - About.RalphLauren.com
Old 08-13-2007, 08:47 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by none
Thanks so much for starting this thread. My husband doesn't like the fabric on the dinette, so he's been after me to change them. Your pics have given me some ideas. We eventually want to take the carpet in living room out and do vinyl or wood. Why do they put an oatmeal color in a trailer? With 12 feet ( 4 human and 8 canine) it doesn't stay clean for long.

When Mr. Greg did the slipcovers did you use different cushions for each set or do you just change the covers?

Thanks again,
Marty
Hey Marty...thanks for the note... We just used the existing cushions and put the slip coves over the original coverings, so we don't have duplicate cushions (that would get expensive, not to mention storing them)...you could take off the original covers if you want, though. We actually like the original covers (it's the Midnight Sun Interior)...we just wanted some variety and to claim it as our own...now it's turned into an small obsession...we were out looking for fabric yesterday...again... There's a "Retro" coming and maybe and Asian theme...who knows!

Good luck with it and let us see what you come up with!

TB
Old 08-13-2007, 08:48 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightlevel5
Last year the Ralph Lauren Foundation refurbed three airstreams with various interiors to raise money for the foundation. They created the Adirondak, Nautical and Southwest interiors. You can go to their web site to view. Pay particular attention to the outdoor furniture and the awnings.

About Ralph Lauren - About.RalphLauren.com
Cool...thanks for the link! If Ralph can do it WE can do it!

TB
Old 08-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Ps

I forgot to mention that for the "SoCal" and TropiCal" decors we used indoor/outdoor fabric for the cushions & bedspread (we got it at Hancock Fabrics if you have them in your neck of the woods)...it's very sturdy and will hold up well... ("Safari" does not use outdoor fabric)...

TB
Old 08-14-2007, 12:03 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomasich
Hi TBRich, love all your different styles! Can you post some pictures of your "Bambi Port"?
Angie...
Angie...

Thanks! And since you asked I have uploaded several pics of the "Bambi Port" building process in our Member's Photos site:

http://www.airforums.com/photos/brow...0&userid=21900

I explain the process a little in the captions... But in a nutshell...we "re-invented" a carport that we had built earlier then took down when we sold our 2nd car...we saved all the materials, so when we did the "Bambi Port" (finished just last weekend) we used all these recycled materials, except for the new 2x4 rafters we needed... The major difference between the two "ports" we built is that this one for the Bambi had to be higher than the house...so this one is supported fromthe house roof one side... Now the Bambi is protected from the elements...and a heck of a lot cooler in the summer heat!

TB
Old 08-18-2007, 02:24 PM   #23
LookingThroughALens

1976 Argosy 24
Marietta , Georgia
Quote:
I have uploaded several pics of the "Bambi Port" building process
Thank you for sharing this building experience with us. We are hoping to build a detached garage so my hubby can work on his trucks and we have been trying to figure out how we can fit in storage for our Argosy without including it in the building plans [requiring a zoning variance]. We had talked about a lean-to but this really helps us visualize it.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:27 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by aturner4u
Thank you for sharing this building experience with us. We are hoping to build a detached garage so my hubby can work on his trucks and we have been trying to figure out how we can fit in storage for our Argosy without including it in the building plans [requiring a zoning variance]. We had talked about a lean-to but this really helps us visualize it.
You're welcome! Ad good luck with your plans to build a shelter for your Argosy...the beauty of a structure like this is that is technically is "temporary" and you are not altering the main building.

TB
Old 08-18-2007, 08:00 PM   #25
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Rockport , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Jaxon Send a message via Yahoo to Jaxon
Great topic. There's been others on customizing interiors but those have been mainly vintage re-do's, Be nice to see what folks have done to make the newer ones 'their own'. I know we keep looking at ours and say "one day, when we get the time...".

Went by the local Airstream place and the had a slightly used A37 on the lot (about 5K miles)... Wow! Even Colonial's photos don't do that one justice! Totally different from anything around. Be cool to see some trailers jazzed up like that... too bad there's this thing called "weight"...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:00 PM   #26
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Rockport , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Jaxon Send a message via Yahoo to Jaxon
Great topic. There's been others on customizing interiors but those have been mainly vintage re-do's, Be nice to see what folks have done to make the newer ones 'their own'. I know we keep looking at ours and say "one day, when we get the time...".

Went by the local Airstream place and the had a slightly used A37 on the lot (about 5K miles)... Wow! Even Colonial's photos don't do that one justice! Totally different from anything around. Be cool to see some trailers jazzed up like that... too bad there's this thing called "weight"...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:42 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
Punta Gorda, , Florida
We're full timers and have been for 9 years. We usually stay in areas with some great views. After much thought we removed those musty curtains to expose "The Great Outdoors." We installed oak floors, new blinds in the bedroom, new fridge, painted the wall that houses the fridge and put pictures in place of the mirror, took out that very uncomfortable couch and replaced it with two Lazy Boys with an electric fireplace between them. Took our the foldout table and replaced it with a foldout computer desk. Several other changes but the point is "It's Ours" and that's the way we like it. Ever wonder why people in camp grounds have all the blinds pulled and covered up. What are they doing in there? At our age? Shame!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:12 AM   #28
2 Rivet Member

1959 22' Flying Cloud
1972 25' Tradewind
1962 30' Sovereign
Navarre , Florida
I have the Flea Market theme. It is based on different things I come across at the Flea Market and bring home. My dishes are metal camping ones (they don't break). In time I will replace the the sky blue cowboy curtains the last owner put in it. I am guess something with a hunter green and plaid. Serously looking into putting bamboo flooring in as well, so I can use some throw rugs that can be changed out as I wish. Staying true to the vintage period too, although somedays I like the 70's look of our Tradewind, other days, the colors are a bit much, I think getting rid of the old shag carpet in there will help. The gold, brown, orange, and dirt look doesn't do it for me. Our 59 Flying Cloud has more of a classic look except for those cowboy curtains. Nice thing is a few minor changes gives you a different look inside.

Watch your habits, they become your character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.
apolaroid is offline   Reply With Quote