Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #1

1970 29' Ambassador
Chelsea , Michigan
Interior walls

Hello,

I am looking to replace the wall that is up against the refrigerator in the main cabin area. I want to use simulated stainless steel wall sheet stock. Does anybody know where I may find something like this. It can even be aluminum. I cannot use actual stainless as I will never be able to cut the wall profile that hit the outside shape of the Airstream. Please help. Attached is an image that shows the panel I want to replace.

email toddk@slidefire.com
tkauranen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Aluminum unless it is coated will give black stains to anyone who touches it. Make a template of the panel you want and a sheet metal shop should be able to make you a stainless steel panel to suit. then just contact cement it to the existing panel. You will only have to figure out how to deal with the edge at the hall.
Al

TAC ON-3
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Missouri Valley , Iowa
When I recovered the kitchen backsplash in my '89 Excella I found a product on the Home Depot website. It's called Aspect Subway Matted Brushed Stainless. It is peel and stick in sheets that are about 12" X 4". The individual tiles making up each 1/3 sq. ft. piece are 2 1/2" X 1". It looks pretty nice where I used it and was easy to install. I cut it with a Fein vibrating tool with a metal-cutting blade. On some pieces I used a hacksaw even. I think it is aluminum even though the name is Stainless. It seems like the price was around $16 / sq. ft.
Dan
Farmer Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Gonzalez , Florida
I found some laminate that looks very much like stainless steel. You want see it at HD or Lowes. Special order. I'm using it for my backsplash and for the counter top in the bathroom.
Smokeydog is offline   Reply With Quote