Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Upholstery, Blinds, Walls & Interior Finishes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-07-2002, 09:19 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Interior Drapes rotting-out, Argosy M20

1) The fabric on my front interior drapes is disintegrating. Is there someplace I can purchase new ready made?

2) The plastic tabs are broken off. Where can I find replacements? Where in the tracks do the tabs enter and exit?

Thanks,
TinCanSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 10:21 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1983 27' Excella
Airstreamville , Kansas
Sue,
There are 2 places I know of;

Fowler Interiors, 270-851-3257, fowlerinteriors@hcis.net
James Ambrusso, 800-813-7686, info@jpdrapes.com, www.jpdrapes.com

I'm pretty sure except for the drapes/curtains of newer Airstreams they are made to order.
To remove your drapes, at either end of the lower and upper tracks there will be either a small pop-rivet or screw, since yours are original a pop-rivet will likely be there, drill out the rivet and you can slide out the curtains. When you replace the curtains use a (sheetmetal) screw in place of the rivet so its easier to remove next time.

For the clips, they are still available through rv dealers or when you contact one of the places above ask them.

John
83Excella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 12:17 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Sue. The drapes for your Argosy should still be available from Airstream. I will check tomorrow and let you know. Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 12:27 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Smile New Drape success (I think)

Thank you all for the contacts, I made some contacts but all were more than I wanted to spend right now. So, I got lucky to find some person who specialized in RV drapes! This person was making me new drapes for my 1977 Avion M22 motorhome so I asked her to do the Argosy's.

The owner of the storage place where I keep my Avion told me she went to second hand stores to find used drapes for her RV. That gave me the idea to shop for fabric there. Low and behold there sat almost an exact match to my original drape fabric with plenty of yardage, liners and all! She made them exactly like the originals. I saved those little tabs and bought the rest (are they expensive)! I have not put the snaps on but looks pretty good (I think)! Drapes are in with picture below.
Attached Images

TinCanSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 08:05 PM   #5

Question front dinette

the draps look great! The bench seats in your photo are exactly what our Argosy is missing. Is it possible to sendmeasurements?

thanks
dan&andrea
dan&andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 02:37 AM   #6
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
Curtains

As I've said on other Threads...I am a seamstress and have made all my new curtains. I' have used some of the tracks and I'm selling those I'm not. I have some pictures I can download somewhere. It's been awhile since I tried to post them. Most have factory bends in them. If anyone's interested, just email me and I'll find the photos and d/l in my reply.

Assuming you find enough clips: first you sew the clips onto the tops of the finished curtains....being careful to point the clip in the right direction to be able to slide on the track (I had to re-do 2 curtains because the clips were sewn on (you HAVE to do it by hand)...backwards!!! NOT FUN to do twice.

When all clips are on, you start sliding them into the track...put some blue or pale green masking tape on the end to hold it from coming off while you are (with help) installing the tracks to the Chassis. One tiny (predrilled hole) screw at the END...will prevent the curtain from sliding off erroneously. I have a couple of "Custom Ends"...that are Ivory with a Woodtrim part to it. But I didn't use them. I think they would be a 'rare item'---that's why I mentioned the little screw at the end. (Those are for sale with the tracks I have.)

A CAVEAT: WHENEVER DRILLING A HOLE IN THE CHASSIS TO SCREW A SCREW IN OR A RIVET....USE EXTREME CONTROL AND RESTRAINT...SO AS NOT TO SLIP AND DRILL THROUGH THE OUTER ALUMINUM 'SKIN'.

.........Cat
Old 11-02-2002, 01:28 PM   #7
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
TO??? I don't even know if this Thread is still open, but the people on it seem to strike a cord---I could NOT remember which Thread I promised to tell when I got pictures downloaded. I just did it, and I'm putting out 'feelers'..
I can't remember who it was on here that's waiting for the photos of my restoration, and there's so many forums I can't find it.
I've fianally started a Photo Album on here. ...
To see the 2 I have just put on, just go to the Member's Photos and you'll see them.
They are progress shots,,,and lots of unfinished things are apparent

The curtains are attached to a valance so they don't show yet...but they'll be "over" the "Basswood Blinds" you see.

Cat
Old 02-02-2003, 03:35 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Any feedback on the two curtain sources mentioned above.
Old 02-02-2003, 04:14 PM   #9
Rivet Master

George,

James Ambrusso made my replacement drapes one year ago and they have held up excellent.

His lead time is 8-10 weeks, but well worth the wait.

Note: mine are machine washable.

John
John is offline   Reply With Quote