Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
Rivet Master
 
funkill's Avatar

 
1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,447
Images: 27
IKEA window track - alternate to original?

I went to IKEA looking for some modern style curtain rods to replace the original tracks in my AS, lower tracks removed by PO, as I want to remove the original valence (containing upper track).

While there, I found a track system that is somewhat attractive that I am considering using to replace the original system. I brought home a curved section to see if it matches the front curvature. On initial inspection, it looks like it will work. I don't really like the look of how fabric is secured to the track - so I'll need to look at that closer to see how/if it can be modified. Anyone else ever look into this product?

IKEA | Curtain rods & accessories | KVARTAL system
__________________

__________________
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:47 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkill View Post
I went to IKEA looking for some modern style curtain rods to replace the original tracks in my AS, lower tracks removed by PO, as I want to remove the original valence (containing upper track).

While there, I found a track system that is somewhat attractive that I am considering using to replace the original system. I brought home a curved section to see if it matches the front curvature. On initial inspection, it looks like it will work. I don't really like the look of how fabric is secured to the track - so I'll need to look at that closer to see how/if it can be modified. Anyone else ever look into this product?

IKEA | Curtain rods & accessories | KVARTAL system
All the drape track that was i(is) in your Airstream, is still available.

Andy
__________________

__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
cameront120's Avatar
 
1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,422
Images: 23
I saw them during my last visit to IKEA and quite like them. I may use that system for my home.
__________________
Cameron & the Labradors, Kai & Samm
North Vancouver, BC
Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - Mame Dennis
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:42 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member
 
2015 25' Flying Cloud
Chandler , Arizona
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
All the drape track that was i(is) in your Airstream, is still available.

Andy
Andy,
Help!! I've called Inland RV twice and I can't seem to get an answer on this. I have a 1972 Tradewind, and all the hardware for most of windows are gone. I have the tracks for the windows where the twin beds are located, but the front, back, kitchen and two little side windows, there is nothing. If there is a way you can help me, please let me know.
__________________
Zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:40 AM   #5
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
Andy,
Help!! I've called Inland RV twice and I can't seem to get an answer on this. I have a 1972 Tradewind, and all the hardware for most of windows are gone. I have the tracks for the windows where the twin beds are located, but the front, back, kitchen and two little side windows, there is nothing. If there is a way you can help me, please let me know.
Hi.

Unfortunately the 72 models used a drape track that used the "Hirsch" drape tabs.

That track has not been available for maybe 30 years.

You can, if you wish, upgrade the drape track system that uses the "T" and "G" tabs, whiich Airstream switched to in 1973 and still uses it in current production.

I would have to calculate the number of feet that you would need, along with the necessary standoffs.

Andy
__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:26 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member
 
2015 25' Flying Cloud
Chandler , Arizona
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7
Can I measure the windows and either email or fax the sizes to Inland RV? If I do measure, can you give me an idea of where I should measure on the windows. Thanks a ton.
__________________
Zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:47 AM   #7
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
Can I measure the windows and either email or fax the sizes to Inland RV? If I do measure, can you give me an idea of where I should measure on the windows. Thanks a ton.
We cam measure it for you, but PM the trailer serial number to us, so that we know exactly what you have.

Andy
__________________

__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacement Window Operators HEHR 008-131 (original?) GreatPumpkin Windows & Screens 12 01-23-2010 05:37 PM
I am ready for a new window.. is original still available or is lexan better ? AxelBruijnis Windows & Screens 14 09-18-2008 07:58 PM
Missing Curtain Track..knobs On Window Levers! happydaze Upholstery, Blinds, Walls & Interior Finishes 0 05-01-2006 01:13 PM
What were the original window covers or shades?? IPM Airstream Motorhome Forums 3 04-07-2004 08:25 PM
Dinghy alternate/motorcycle balloonman On The Road... 1 01-07-2003 12:12 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.