Originally Posted by tinsltootsie
We have a 68 overlander that had fire damage on the ceiling. The ceiling plastic has peeled off in places and there is metal underneath. It is only in the area above the sink. (PO used a portable heater which got too close to flammables.) Any ideas about how to finish the ceiling? I'm thinking I'll use some kind of stripper and cleaning the whole kitchen area and then recovering with some kind of wall paper. Has anyone ever done that? Thanks for any insight.
If you are up to the elbow grease, you may be able to strip the rest of the visible plastic coating off the aluminum and paint the ceiling with Zolatone, a textured paint available in several different flavors. I would really, really, REALLY want to take down that panel, and make sure there is no damage to the insulation or wiring in that area of the ceiling. Good luck with it, show us photos if you have a digital camera. It will be easier to make an evaluation with visual aids.