Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Eastside , Washington
How do I remove the curtains

I have a 2012 International 16' Bambi. I want to remove the curtains and replace them with new curtains. How exactly do I get the curtains out? I though I could remove the end screws/caps, but they are screwed in tight.

I also want to remove the curtains in the bathroom, because they take up space and we don't use the "shower" feature. One of the tracks goes wall-to-wall. I don't see any way to get these out other than to remove the track altogether.

Are these curtain glides supposed to pop out somehow? I hesitate to just try yanking them out.

I believe these are the glides I have: https://store.airstream.com/product_...roducts_id=131

thanks!
quilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
There will be a piece at each end of the track held in place with a screw. Remove the screw and the plastic piece, and the plastic pieces in the tracks will slide out.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Eastside , Washington
Well, I can try that again. I'll use the power drill next time, and hopefully won't strip the screw threads. One of the tracks in the bathroom - I'm going to have to remove the medicine cabinet first.
quilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #4

1981 24' International
Melbourne , Florida
When I removed our curtains to wash them, I was able to unscrew (as mentioned above), but on some of them a previous owner had actually RIVETED the tracks in place. Ugh! We had to knock out all of the rivets to get the curtains off the track.

We fixed it up right though, so next time will be a breeze.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
Marietta , Georgia
I was so glad to see this because I was trying to remove my curtains today too. I did remove the end screw but I still can't slide my curtain tabs out of the track. Now that I know that IS how you do it, I guess I'll have to wiggle them around some more.