Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Upholstery, Blinds, Walls & Interior Finishes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
How Do I Clean The Upholstered Walls?

I have a 1994 Excella 1000 with white upholstered walls which need a good cleaning especially after setting the ceiling on fire. (see thread on ceiling sag) I have tried carpet cleaners, and an array of other cleaners all the way up to Krud Buster with no success. What is the secret to getting these walls clean?
Old 05-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Folex

My brother is the super. of maintenance at a senior citizen complex where they experience all kinds of terrible and old spots and stains. He gave me a product that they use called Folex. I pick it up at Lowe's. Don't know if it will help with smoke damage but it might...worth a try. It does take out RED Koolaid. For smoke odors you can use ODOBan.

Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1998 34' Limited
ont , Ontario
do a google search on mouse fur - that's what it is often called.

"mouse fur" site:www.airforums.com - Google Search
redstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain Kent View Post
I have a 1994 Excella 1000 with white upholstered walls which need a good cleaning especially after setting the ceiling on fire. (see thread on ceiling sag) I have tried carpet cleaners, and an array of other cleaners all the way up to Krud Buster with no success. What is the secret to getting these walls clean?
IMHO... nothing. My mouse fur had already been vacuumed to death and everything aluminum was already pulled though and now visible. There was someone that thought about spraying it with a fabric paint. I took on the other approach and replaced it all with cream hull liner. It looks to be exactly what airstream used and its installed with 3m sprayglue. I took everything out and used the old stuff as a pattern. If you tackle a job like this you think you need your head examined for taking it on but its not that bad once you get rolling. Good luck!

Vin

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:03 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
I have the smoke and fire part cleaned up as the fire was contained to the ceiling. What I am trying to remove is the years of dirt found on these walls. The PO had removed the drapes which is OK but left the hardware. I took off the hardware and found black, not mold or mildew stains all around the area. Someone else must have this upholstered wall and found a way to clean it. after replacing the ceiling I am not about to replace the walls.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:26 AM   #6
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
I dont blame you.. Here is a link that was started about this. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f46/...lls-48767.html

Good luck

Vinnie

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote