Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2004, 06:31 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Smile Hanging Curtains

Hello! New to this forum, new to Airstreams, and new to travel trailers. Help please! Our 1974 Sovereign does not have any of the "G" clips on the front curtain tracks. I know that I can purchase them for .35-.45 each but is there any other way to attach curtains to the tracks? I appreciate any help you can give me! Maiden voyage is next week and I would like to have the new curtains I'm making up by then!
Old 06-13-2004, 06:46 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Curtains

Hello Southern Gal, Welcome to the forum. We have an Argosy and have the curtains on a regular rod for pleated curtains.. looks great.. Annie
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 11:31 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Wraparound curtains or straight??

Southern...

Your message unclear about whether your Sovereign has wraparound curtain rods and curved windows in front. If so, plain pleated curtains on a rod as proposed by Annie with the Argosy won't work for corners... You could try buying aluminum rectangular bar stock and bending it to fit curvature, and then mouting cafe curtains/pleated units over it around the bends...

Seems simpler to me to buy the clips from CampingWorld.com or some other RV dealer and mount curtains using elastic strips as Airstream designed them... Any interior decor effort that costs less than $20 is considered great value here on the forum

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 11:40 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Can somebody post some pictures, closeups. My A/S had absolutely nothing inside. Empty from one end to the other. Starting from scratch. Need to see how they were made so I can duplicate them. Thanks.

LotalaborAZ
upallnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 04:48 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

re: Hanging Curtains

Thanks for the advice! Yes, the curtain tracks are wraparound ones to follow the curved windows on the front. The former owners have put in shades on all the windows but the original curtain tracks are still there so I would like to use them. Now I just need to finish sewing the curtains! Thanks again!
Old 06-14-2004, 06:58 PM   #6
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Southern Gal.

Complete sets of drapes are available through a dealer, from Airstream.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:08 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Curtain questions??

Southern Gal,
I was noticing your posts about sewing curtains. I am wondering if you have a pattern (or may an old curtain) for the original curtains that are on those tracks. I am trying to restore a 1971 overlander's curtains, and I just need a pattern to sew some. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Rosie
roseyonnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:42 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Rosie,
The original curtains are still in the rear bedroom on our Sovereign but I didn't have anything to go on for the front other than the pictures I've seen on this forum. Unfortunately, everything, including the plastic clips were gone on the front when we acquired the Airstream. I'm making drapes based on what the curtains on the back look like - double pleats on top and bottom spaced about 4" apart, and making them to fit the tracks that are still there. I am measuring very carefully and hoping for the best! (I've got material, the new clips, and all the measurements but with school starting back up - I teach - I'm out of time!!! I'm hoping I get a couple of weekends with home soccer games so I have time to sew!) I wish I could be more help. Good luck on your project! I would love to hear how it turns out!