Old 12-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #29
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Looks great! You are doing a fab job on your trailer.

Do you have any photos that show the top part of the new shower? Also, why did you feel you needed the plastic-covered screws? Did you not think that the glue would have enough holding power?

Old 12-16-2009, 04:39 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
1950 22' Liner
Powhatan , Virginia
I used glue as well as the screws but because the wooden walls are floating paneling, only the cross-members can be glued and I was worried that traveling and shifting may cause the glue to pull away as well as steam/heat over time from shower. I am always going overboard with stuff like this though so maybe didn't need them.

As far as pictures of the top, this one was before putting the silcone sealer on (and that is a clear plastic bag in the basin):

Here is a close-up of the top after the sealer. I still need to put the mounts for a curtain rod.

Here is a before shot. Wife made me promise that the wallpaper was going :

Proud to be Air #37137
Bowmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #31
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Beautiful, just great! And, you answered my last question: you're going to put a shower curtain on the door. And I imagine that's a light fixture on the ceiling?

cheers,
Aage
Old 12-17-2009, 12:04 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
1950 22' Liner
Powhatan , Virginia
Yup. That was the light fixture in the shower when we got her. I just cleaned it up a bit. Not sure if it is original but it is bright and works great. Once I get a shower curtain and rod attached, I may put a board across the top of the entry into the shower, depending on whether it needs it for a finished look or not.

There was an aftermarket plastic light in the hall right outside that shower wall that broke when I tried to remove it. I am going to make a custom light using the insides of the broke one. Frame it in pine and get a translucent plastic sheet and cut for the "lens" or cover.
Proud to be Air #37137
Old 12-17-2009, 12:07 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
1950 22' Liner
Powhatan , Virginia
That's really odd. Seeing the before and after pictures, the shower head appears to be different. I didn't replace it either... The original photo was from the PO so I guess he replaced it at some point after the photos.

I also need to find the ring part of the thing that holds the flexible water pipe for the shower head to the wall. I have the mount that bolts to the wall but only a threaded bolt is sticking out. If anyone has a close-up shot of the hold-back mount, it would be great to see. May try to make one if I can't track one down.

Proud to be Air #37137