Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2007, 08:24 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1955 22' Safari
Currently Looking...
Great Lake State , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
We have an Argosy Minuet and I did mine myself. I save by buying foam at JoAnn Fabrics with their 40% off coupons for a few months til I had all of the pieces I needed. Fabric and cording too. The two gauchos in the Minuet have a nice feature which is the top hinged to the bottom, so that you do slide between the cushions when it makes down into the bed. The hinge was the trickiest but just took determination. Like SilverThreads said, I used the old ones for the pattern. The scariest part was taking the first cut into the expensive fabric!!! LOL! The pictures are a little dark, but I think the fabric looks much better than the old orange and brown of the 1970s!
Next, I will try and tackle the drapes. Ick!
Lou
Lou and Larry, looks great..............Steve and Gail
toastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:28 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1986 34' Excella
Austin , Texas
Upholstery Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Threads
Wow, I wonder why it is so much? Well I made one. I was fairly simple. Nowhere as hard as I had thought it would be. It turned out really nice and even fit like it was suppose to. The first time I tried it, back in Sept, I took the original completely apart then I couldnt figure out how to get it back together. Now that I figured it out, very simple. ... I know that upholstery fabric can be expensive, but those prices seem to high to me. Well, that was what got me in to making curtains, so who knows....
Well, sounds good to me. When can you start? How much. Where can I park while you do the re-upholstering? I can't find ANYBODY locally to do it.

Waynon
Waynon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:55 AM   #23
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
I figured out why they are so high! Its the material and it takes a while to put them together. I made one so I could see if it was something I wanted to take on other than curtains. Still pondering that one....
https://www.etsy.com/your/listings
Silver Threads is offline   Reply With Quote