Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2016, 12:33 PM   #81
Rivet Master

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Panama City Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
Hi Russ,

I've been going through the photos and measurements on this thread.

Looking at your photos of your drop down table it appears the stationary shelf against the back wall under the window would be close to the level of where a stock table is located. I've looked at several sites selling the Lambright recliner, some say the chair height is 18 1/2" and some same 20". My dinette cushions are 20" high off the floor but you do sink into the cushion when sitting. Looking at your photos above it appears the Lambright is a little lower than the street side dinette seat cushion.

My question is if you didn't have your folding table but your stock table do you think that height would be too high to eat from the Lambright recliner comfortably? Maybe you don't sink into the recliner as much as you do the Airstream cushions on the street side so it evens out.

I'll have to go back to my Airstream in storage and with the seat cushions removed put a cushion down to simulate the height of a Lambright recliner.

Kelvin
Kelvin,

The Lambright seating surface is lower than the seating on my sofa. I measured the distance from the front of the recliner seat to the floor and it's 18 1/2". The top of the sofa cushion is 21 1/2" from the floor. The table surface is 28" from the floor and the back shelf is 30" from the floor. The back shelf is also 3" lower than the curtain rod.

As I think you know, we had the sofa cushions recovered using ultra leather. The local upholster wrapped the foam cushions with a batten material so they appear fuller than the normal cushions and definitely sit higher than yours. Your cushions are 20" off the floor and mine are 21.5" so that explains why mine look higher in the photo.

I think the Lambright will work with your table. You just have to be willing to lean forward while eating. It's not the ultimate but I'd rather have the recliner than not. It's small trade off. How much time do you really spend eating anyway? Do you eat outside sometimes? You could also buy the optional accessory table that attaches to the chair.

Russ
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Luckyducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 12:45 PM   #82
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
I brought my tape measure to work where I have an adjustable height chair. I set the seat to 18 1/2". At that height my feet are flat on the floor and there is a slight gap under my knee but the height feels comfortable enough. My desk surface is about 28 1/2" from the floor. My Airstream table is almost 31" off the floor but measuring that out above my work desk it still appears it would be comfortable height to eat and work on a laptop.

I guess I'll plan to order one of these chairs soon. I'm getting a new floor installed in May and the dinette and lounge is coming up to lay the new flooring. We can then use the chair to see how much of the table to cut down.

I wonder if its possible to attach some screw in adjust legs to the base if you wanted to raise the recliner an inch or so. Or have cut a ring of plywood for the base to rests on and use C clamps to attach and then screw the base to the floor.

I found this photo of the detached base. I wonder if a 1" spacer could be inserted between the recliner base and the seat frame?

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f46/...ml#post1618771

Kelvin
Old 02-24-2016, 02:09 PM   #83
Rivet Master

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Kelvin,

My old recliner was made by Benchmaster and I had the optional round 2" riser (sorry no pics of mine but see the attached link for a pic of what is available now). I screwed this riser to the floor. The chair sat in the rail on the riser and could swivel. I used a couple of Velcro straps to keep the chair from popping out of that rail. Worked well. And the recliner was higher which helped with eating.

Note that the new Lambright recliners have a perfectly round base now vice the old hexagon shape. You could fabricate a round base of sorts if you really wanted the chair higher. The new Lambright recliners have a stationary base - the swivel point is higher in the chair. So the Lambright recliner could be fastened to this base.

Russ

http://www.savvyhomestore.com/produc...g-2-inch-riser
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Old 05-27-2016, 07:23 PM   #84
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
I was reviewing the various posts in this thread but I can't seem to find the model number for the Lambright recliner. Would you be willing to share this information?

My wife and I have reviewed the pictures and comments on this thread and have decided that this is a modification that we definitely want to make. Thanks for all the detailed comments and the time taken to share with others. It is sincerely appreciated!

What did you do with the woofer that was under the curbside bench? And I'm sure I'll have more questions as the project unfolds.
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 03:36 AM   #85
Rivet Master

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans627 View Post
I was reviewing the various posts in this thread but I can't seem to find the model number for the Lambright recliner. Would you be willing to share this information?

My wife and I have reviewed the pictures and comments on this thread and have decided that this is a modification that we definitely want to make. Thanks for all the detailed comments and the time taken to share with others. It is sincerely appreciated!

What did you do with the woofer that was under the curbside bench? And I'm sure I'll have more questions as the project unfolds.

I don't believe Lambright has model numbers. It was just the wall hugger 27". When you call Lambright you talk to the owner, Vernon, directly. I noticed in post number 28, in Kelvin's link to Glastop, that they showed a model number but I think that is their model number for the chair. Maybe Kelvin will chime in - I think he recently ordered a chair.

On the subwoofer, I didn't have to move it.

Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Old 05-28-2016, 03:40 AM   #86
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
. . .
I guess I'll plan to order one of these chairs soon.
. . .
Kelvin
I would also be interested in more information about the process of getting the recliners when you have a chance to reply to the recent posts.

Thanks,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 08:24 PM   #87
Site Team

2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
I would also be interested in more information about the process of getting the recliners when you have a chance to reply to the recent posts.

Thanks,

Peter
I ordered one of these recliners from Lambright Comfort Chairs this past week. I talked to Vernon Lambright directly. Very nice man to speak with. The delivery is about 4 to 5 weeks and they will ship it directly to your home if desired.

The phone number is (260) 768-4820.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:02 AM   #88
Site Team

2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
New Recliner

Now that I finally have the floor replaced I can again focus on installing the recliner and making the dining room table.

The recliner I ordered just arrived this past week and I put it together yesterday. IMHO it really looks nice and is comfortable, especially for it's reduced size.

I hope to get the table (replacement for the dinette) completed in the next few days.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:46 PM   #89
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Luckyducks, I've been in contact with Jackson Center in the quest to accomplish the renovation that you made to your 25ft FB Flying Cloud. Mine is a 25ft RB FC & we believe the same change is possible for mine although the lounge area is just a bit smaller. The only hindrance is the sub woofer would remain behind the chair on the floor, no need to relocate it. My question is twofold, how do you secure the chair & ottoman while traveling and after having yours a while, would you recommend a lounge with a attached foot rest vs an ottoman? Any other suggestions here would be greatly appreciated.
TAC FL-47
2018 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:44 AM   #90
Rivet Master

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjkq View Post
Luckyducks, I've been in contact with Jackson Center in the quest to accomplish the renovation that you made to your 25ft FB Flying Cloud. Mine is a 25ft RB FC & we believe the same change is possible for mine although the lounge area is just a bit smaller. The only hindrance is the sub woofer would remain behind the chair on the floor, no need to relocate it. My question is twofold, how do you secure the chair & ottoman while traveling and after having yours a while, would you recommend a lounge with a attached foot rest vs an ottoman? Any other suggestions here would be greatly appreciated.
Joe,

To answer your first question, I attached the chair to the floor with electrical conduit straps I bought at Home Depot. See the pic below. I used 3 straps. One is at the front with the screw on the inside of the tubular base (I installed it with the leg support up). The other 2 are on the sides near the rear with the screw outside the base because of limited access. You can see them in the pics below. I spray painted them black so they would blend with the base better. They've worked perfectly so far. If you had a freestanding ottoman, you would just leave that by the sofa on the floor. When we had an ottoman we did this. It doesn't move around.

To answer your other question, I would recommend a recliner with the attached leg support. Both recliners are comfortable but the attached leg support gives you more floor room. See the photos I posted throughout this thread of the recliner we had and then the newer Lambright.

Russ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Recliner1.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	313.6 KB
ID:	271737   Click image for larger version

Name:	Recliner2.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	271738  

Attached Images

AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Old 09-17-2016, 09:29 AM   #91
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Thanks Russ, your comments & pictures are very helpful. I'm beginning to wonder if that sub woofer under my dinette seat will cause a problem, it's located at the back of the drawer, initially I felt its position against the front corner skin would keep it out of the way, I guess my concern lies with the chair back reclined, will the back of the chair contact the woofer? I'm going to measure its height and hopefully get a better idea. Thanks again.
Joe
TAC FL-47
2018 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote