Old 02-09-2016, 04:54 PM   #71
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
Russ, do you find you need to reposition your new Lambright when you have to eat so you can get closer to the table or do you leave it in one place and swivel it around and lean over a little?

What would you think would be the minimum distance from the door frame to the table edge for the Lambright to fit allowing it to swivel around to the position in your photo. Looking at the photo the angle of the recliner is about how I'd want it to face the TV. It looks like a wider table could be accommodated.

How far do you think the Lambright is away from the curtains in the photo.

Could you try to take a photo from the entrance door into the Airstream showing how much space the recliner takes up.

Also, can you take a photo of the footrest deployed as if you are watching TV?

You post in November stating your were getting this recliner. How long did it take to receive it after the order was placed?

Thanks for your help.

Kelvin
Russ, can you take a photo of the recliner facing the table as if you were to eat at the table. I'd like to see how much distance the recliner back is to the curb wall.
Thanks again.

Kelvin

KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:21 PM   #72
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Panama City Beach , Florida
Kelvin, sure. Going tomorrow. Russ

AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Luckyducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:40 PM   #73
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Russ, do you find you need to reposition your new Lambright when you have to eat so you can get closer to the table or do you leave it in one place and swivel it around and lean over a little?

What would you think would be the minimum distance from the door frame to the table edge for the Lambright to fit allowing it to swivel around to the position in your photo. Looking at the photo the angle of the recliner is about how I'd want it to face the TV. It looks like a wider table could be accommodated.

How far do you think the Lambright is away from the curtains in the photo.

Could you try to take a photo from the entrance door into the Airstream showing how much space the recliner takes up.

Also, can you take a photo of the footrest deployed as if you are watching TV?

You post in November stating your were getting this recliner. How long did it take to receive it after the order was placed?

Thanks for your help.

Kelvin
Kelvin, here's what you were looking for:

1. We leave the recliner in one position and it just swivels around, whether up to the table to eat (and leaning over) or reclining back while watching TV. I initially was going to leave the chair unattached to the floor but a trip a few weeks ago showed too much movement in the chair. I will use what Lambright Chairs told me about - the c-shaped clamps that Home Depot or Lowes sells for one inch electrical conduit (to attach conduit to walls). These clamps have a c shape that goes over the round chair base and then a flat area to screw it down to the floor. I'm thinking of two or three of these and paint them black to the match the chair base. They will not be visible unless you go down on your knees and look.

2. Minimum distance from the door frame to the edge of the table? My distance is 42". You could have a slightly wider table. Maybe a couple of inches. However, look at my pic below showing the chair, table, and sofa. The table leg is centered in the rug. A wider table would have the leg off center. Just my OCD talking. And I wouldn't make the table wider on the sofa side as it would interfere with the person enjoying laying on the sofa. Also, that side of the table is fine for eating.

3. How far is the Lambright chair from the curtains? Nearest the door, the headrest is 3". In the middle of the headrest of the chair, it is 7". At the corner of the headrest closest to the table, it is 5". Remember this chair is a wall hugger. It only needs to be 2.5" from the wall (or curtains). This advertised fact is true.

4. How long did it take to get the recliner delivered? Lambright Chairs told me 4 weeks to make it and 4 days to have it shipped. I had the chair two days early. No damage. Took 10 minutes to put the chair together. Very good.

Other comments:

One of my pics below is from the entrance door showing the recliner and the space available to enter/exit. This space is 18" wide from the chair to the edge of the fire extinguisher.

If I slightly reposition the subwoofer, I could move the chair back an inch.

Russ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	309.4 KB
ID:	257110   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	257111  

Name:	image3.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	257112   Click image for larger version

Name:	image4.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	257113  

AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Old 02-11-2016, 10:01 AM   #74
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
Thanks very much for the photos.

It appears, due to the design of your table, you have to position your chair for eating further out from the back wall than if your table was the original table that was cut down equally from both sides. The eating surface in your photo looks to start about a foot out from the back wall.

Without you going back to your trailer do you think if your chair, as positioned in the 2nd photo, was moved back closer to the rear window wall it could still be rotated to the front and be reclined or is the position of your chair in the 2nd photo where the chair needs to be irrespective of the table design?

Looks like when the chair is reclined the leg support blocks the entrance door but that is not an issue, just retract the ottoman. On our Classic 25fb where your sink peninsula sticks out we have our stove which doesn't extend out as far as the sink peninsula. Our sink is adjacent to the pantry wall.

Kelvin
Old 02-12-2016, 07:50 AM   #75
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Kelvin, the chair is where it needs to be to recline and swivel and recline. If you moved the chair back it would hit the curtains/wall when reclining. Maybe the 2nd photo I sent a couple days ago is a little bit of an optical illusion due to the angle that I took the pic in. When I eat, I just swivel the chair to the table and have plenty of table space from which to eat on. The only issue is the recliner is low and you have to lean forward to the table. That's the price I pay for a recliner. Here are a couple of other pics:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	265.3 KB
ID:	257174   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	266.0 KB
ID:	257175  

AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Old 02-12-2016, 09:08 AM   #76
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
Hi Russ, Thanks for the clarification.

Since your table eating surface height is a couple of inches lower than the standard table do you find you have to lean over a bit more? Do you think eating from the recliner with the standard table height will be comfortable? I think it is a couple of inches higher.

What company did you go with. I think the prices is the same with Ultraleather whether you purchase from a dealer or the company.

How long did it take to get the recliner?

Thanks

Kelvin
Old 02-13-2016, 01:35 PM   #77
2 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB International
Rio Medina , Texas
Where did we find the table?
Old 02-16-2016, 02:40 PM   #78
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
My version of an improved sitting area

I have redesigned our dinner area. As I could not afford a new leather lounge chair I brought in my Kermit chair. It does not swivel so I must get up to turn it towards the TV in order to place my feet up on the ottoman. My big concern is that Claire will see me sleeping in it and want it for herself.🌞
Old 02-17-2016, 07:57 AM   #79
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMYTX View Post
Where did we find the table?
Quote:
What company did you go with. I think the price is the same with Ultraleather whether you purchase from a dealer or the company.

How long did it take to get the recliner?
TXMYTX, the source of my table is detailed in post #1 of this thread. There are other ideas for tables scattered throughout the thread also.

Kelvin, I bought the chair from Lambright Chairs directly, see post #34 of this thread for contact information. The chair was delivered in the timeframe promised - about 4 weeks.

Russ
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Old 02-23-2016, 02:48 PM   #80
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
Hi Russ,

I've been going through the photos and measurements on this thread.

Looking at your photos of your drop down table it appears the stationary shelf against the back wall under the window would be close to the level of where a stock table is located. I've looked at several sites selling the Lambright recliner, some say the chair height is 18 1/2" and some same 20". My dinette cushions are 20" high off the floor but you do sink into the cushion when sitting. Looking at your photos above it appears the Lambright is a little lower than the street side dinette seat cushion.

My question is if you didn't have your folding table but your stock table do you think that height would be too high to eat from the Lambright recliner comfortably? Maybe you don't sink into the recliner as much as you do the Airstream cushions on the street side so it evens out.

I'll have to go back to my Airstream in storage and with the seat cushions removed put a cushion down to simulate the height of a Lambright recliner.

Kelvin
Old 02-24-2016, 12:33 PM   #81
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Hi Russ,

I've been going through the photos and measurements on this thread.

Looking at your photos of your drop down table it appears the stationary shelf against the back wall under the window would be close to the level of where a stock table is located. I've looked at several sites selling the Lambright recliner, some say the chair height is 18 1/2" and some same 20". My dinette cushions are 20" high off the floor but you do sink into the cushion when sitting. Looking at your photos above it appears the Lambright is a little lower than the street side dinette seat cushion.

My question is if you didn't have your folding table but your stock table do you think that height would be too high to eat from the Lambright recliner comfortably? Maybe you don't sink into the recliner as much as you do the Airstream cushions on the street side so it evens out.

I'll have to go back to my Airstream in storage and with the seat cushions removed put a cushion down to simulate the height of a Lambright recliner.

Kelvin
Kelvin,

The Lambright seating surface is lower than the seating on my sofa. I measured the distance from the front of the recliner seat to the floor and it's 18 1/2". The top of the sofa cushion is 21 1/2" from the floor. The table surface is 28" from the floor and the back shelf is 30" from the floor. The back shelf is also 3" lower than the curtain rod.

As I think you know, we had the sofa cushions recovered using ultra leather. The local upholster wrapped the foam cushions with a batten material so they appear fuller than the normal cushions and definitely sit higher than yours. Your cushions are 20" off the floor and mine are 21.5" so that explains why mine look higher in the photo.

I think the Lambright will work with your table. You just have to be willing to lean forward while eating. It's not the ultimate but I'd rather have the recliner than not. It's small trade off. How much time do you really spend eating anyway? Do you eat outside sometimes? You could also buy the optional accessory table that attaches to the chair.

Russ
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Old 02-24-2016, 12:45 PM   #82
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
I brought my tape measure to work where I have an adjustable height chair. I set the seat to 18 1/2". At that height my feet are flat on the floor and there is a slight gap under my knee but the height feels comfortable enough. My desk surface is about 28 1/2" from the floor. My Airstream table is almost 31" off the floor but measuring that out above my work desk it still appears it would be comfortable height to eat and work on a laptop.

I guess I'll plan to order one of these chairs soon. I'm getting a new floor installed in May and the dinette and lounge is coming up to lay the new flooring. We can then use the chair to see how much of the table to cut down.

I wonder if its possible to attach some screw in adjust legs to the base if you wanted to raise the recliner an inch or so. Or have cut a ring of plywood for the base to rests on and use C clamps to attach and then screw the base to the floor.

I found this photo of the detached base. I wonder if a 1" spacer could be inserted between the recliner base and the seat frame?

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f46/...ml#post1618771

Kelvin
Old 02-24-2016, 02:09 PM   #83
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Kelvin,

My old recliner was made by Benchmaster and I had the optional round 2" riser (sorry no pics of mine but see the attached link for a pic of what is available now). I screwed this riser to the floor. The chair sat in the rail on the riser and could swivel. I used a couple of Velcro straps to keep the chair from popping out of that rail. Worked well. And the recliner was higher which helped with eating.

Note that the new Lambright recliners have a perfectly round base now vice the old hexagon shape. You could fabricate a round base of sorts if you really wanted the chair higher. The new Lambright recliners have a stationary base - the swivel point is higher in the chair. So the Lambright recliner could be fastened to this base.

Russ

http://www.savvyhomestore.com/produc...g-2-inch-riser
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Old 05-27-2016, 07:23 PM   #84
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB International
Hanover , Pennsylvania
I was reviewing the various posts in this thread but I can't seem to find the model number for the Lambright recliner. Would you be willing to share this information?

My wife and I have reviewed the pictures and comments on this thread and have decided that this is a modification that we definitely want to make. Thanks for all the detailed comments and the time taken to share with others. It is sincerely appreciated!

What did you do with the woofer that was under the curbside bench? And I'm sure I'll have more questions as the project unfolds.