Old 02-07-2016, 06:29 AM   #57
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Panama City Beach , Florida
After four years with the Benchmaster recliner, my better half wanted more floor room in the living area. The main culprit was the free standing recliner ottoman. So we made a change in recliners and bought the Lambright recliner with integrated leg support. So far, so good. The chair is four inches narrower and is a wall hugger so it can be placed within two inches of the wall. We also had the chair covered with the same ultraleather fabric that the sofa was done in. Here's a pic:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Recliner.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	273.0 KB
ID:	256939  

AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Luckyducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 06:49 AM   #58
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
It looks great, who did your modifications? Thanks

Old 02-07-2016, 09:40 AM   #59
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by urnmor View Post
It looks great, who did your modifications? Thanks
Hey urnmor, Thanks for the compliment. We've been very happy with the change. I did the work myself but I had suppliers provide each of the parts of the job. Go back to my first post on this thread to get all of the details. Russ
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Old 02-07-2016, 10:48 AM   #60
4 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Signal Mountain , Tennessee
KellysDream, that is a great modification. I am not quite understanding how the table works. Do you have a drawing to show?
TN, Greenest State in the Land of the Free
" America is not a place;it is a road." Mark Twain
Tn Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:29 AM   #61
Quarter-Timer

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Boise , Idaho
Furnace Wiring

Hi Luckyducks....I used a 'nylon wire loom' to enclose the furnace wiring. I've attached a picture of the area with the roadside recliner removed. Here's a link to 'wire looms' and cable organizer [URL="http://www.cabletiesandmore.com/wireloom.php"]

We didn't remove the furnace. I covered the end cabinet with a quasi-matching brown trim that's actually two vinyl floor panels (sticky back). I secured them with wood trim. I fashioned a connection directly to the furnace outlet and attached the reclaimed furnace vent to the new vinyl panel cover. It's held up well for the past two months of full-time living and plenty of furnace operation.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Roadside.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	257018   Click image for larger version

Name:	Furnace wiring and vent.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	257019  

Old 02-08-2016, 09:42 AM   #62
Quarter-Timer

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Boise , Idaho
Reclaimed Dinette Table with DropLeafs

Hi Tn Traveler,
I don't have a drawing, but have attached a few photos of the table flipped upside down on the floor with pictures of the dropleafs retracted and extended. I used a piano hinge (12") for both leafs and I'm not a wood working guy so didn't know quite how to fashion a sturdy brace for when the leafs are up. This is my second iteration of a solution and it's held up for the past month and seems to be sturdy and good for dinner time and computer table ops. The braces fit between the tabletop braces (3/4" brace and gap). The braces rotate in/out and pivot around a lag bolt. I'm guessing there's a better solution than a lag bolt and I may eventually fashion something like the last picture which is from a drop leaf table at home. Hope this helps and good luck!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Under Table extended.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	257022   Click image for larger version

Name:	under table retracted.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	257023  

Name:	Undertable extended front.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	257024   Click image for larger version

Name:	dropleaf option.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	257025  

Old 02-08-2016, 11:45 AM   #63
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellysDream View Post
Hi Luckyducks....I used a 'nylon wire loom' to enclose the furnace wiring. I've attached a picture of the area with the roadside recliner removed. Here's a link to 'wire looms' and cable organizer [URL="http://www.cabletiesandmore.com/wireloom.php"]

We didn't remove the furnace. I covered the end cabinet with a quasi-matching brown trim that's actually two vinyl floor panels (sticky back). I secured them with wood trim. I fashioned a connection directly to the furnace outlet and attached the reclaimed furnace vent to the new vinyl panel cover. It's held up well for the past two months of full-time living and plenty of furnace operation.
I'm not understanding the photo of the furnace wiring. I have a 25fb and there and I haven't seen any wiring running under my street side dinette.
The furnace ducting is under the dinette. Maybe its behind the ducting and I just can't see it.

Kelvin
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 12:08 PM   #64
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyducks View Post
After four years with the Benchmaster recliner, my better half wanted more floor room in the living area. The main culprit was the free standing recliner ottoman. So we made a change in recliners and bought the Lambright recliner with integrated leg support. So far, so good. The chair is four inches narrower and is a wall hugger so it can be placed within two inches of the wall. We also had the chair covered with the same ultraleather fabric that the sofa was done in. Here's a pic:
Russ, do you find you need to reposition your new Lambright when you have to eat so you can get closer to the table or do you leave it in one place and swivel it around and lean over a little?

What would you think would be the minimum distance from the door frame to the table edge for the Lambright to fit allowing it to swivel around to the position in your photo. Looking at the photo the angle of the recliner is about how I'd want it to face the TV. It looks like a wider table could be accommodated.

How far do you think the Lambright is away from the curtains in the photo.

Could you try to take a photo from the entrance door into the Airstream showing how much space the recliner takes up.

Also, can you take a photo of the footrest deployed as if you are watching TV?

You post in November stating your were getting this recliner. How long did it take to receive it after the order was placed?

Thanks for your help.

Kelvin
Old 02-08-2016, 01:48 PM   #65
Quarter-Timer

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Boise , Idaho
Furnace Wiring Behind Roadside Dinette Ducting

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
I'm not understanding the photo of the furnace wiring. I have a 25fb and there and I haven't seen any wiring running under my street side dinette.
The furnace ducting is under the dinette. Maybe its behind the ducting and I just can't see it.

Kelvin
Kelvin - you're correct. The wiring isn't easily visible until you get the roadside dinette assembly removed; the wiring is running along the roadside wall from the aft end to the furnace area (as depicted in the original post photo).
Old 02-08-2016, 03:45 PM   #66
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
Russ, do you find you need to reposition your new Lambright when you have to eat so you can get closer to the table or do you leave it in one place and swivel it around and lean over a little?

What would you think would be the minimum distance from the door frame to the table edge for the Lambright to fit allowing it to swivel around to the position in your photo. Looking at the photo the angle of the recliner is about how I'd want it to face the TV. It looks like a wider table could be accommodated.

How far do you think the Lambright is away from the curtains in the photo.

Could you try to take a photo from the entrance door into the Airstream showing how much space the recliner takes up.

Also, can you take a photo of the footrest deployed as if you are watching TV?

You post in November stating your were getting this recliner. How long did it take to receive it after the order was placed?

Thanks for your help.

Kelvin
Kelvin, give me a day to two to respond. The trailer is at a storage place. Russ
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Old 02-08-2016, 04:04 PM   #67
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
Thanks Russ, I appreciate your help.

Kelvin
Old 02-08-2016, 04:05 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Russ, I've followed your thread here & got inspired by your renovations. I have a 25ft read BD & it seems like this could be done in mine just reversed. In fact easier as my furnace would not be effected, am I correct in that thinking? Thanks.
TAC FL-47
2016 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:46 AM   #69
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjkq View Post
Russ, I've followed your thread here & got inspired by your renovations. I have a 25ft read BD & it seems like this could be done in mine just reversed. In fact easier as my furnace would not be effected, am I correct in that thinking? Thanks.
Joe,

You can change your layout to one or two recliners. Dkottum did a modification for two recliners. Here's the link for what he did: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/...ter-94598.html

Or you could do the reverse of mine with just one recliner. Here's a link to what Hoonanea did: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f508...te-106272.html

Russ
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Old 02-09-2016, 12:29 PM   #70
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Lucky ducks has a very classy looking conversion. We put in a factory table similar to theirs on the side, but I believe their folding table between recliners that can swivel is a better solution for dining. Just more convenient.

We replaced the small drop-down leaf on our center console (see Avatar) with a 24" x 28" drop leaf as a prototype and it works so well we left it in place. Like Russ (Luckyducks) we leave the center table drop leaf up whenever in camp, it's handy. We use the side folding extension table for projects and crafts, it's also handy and folds out of the way when not in use.

A note on the most recent 25 Rear Bed models. Our 2012 RB 25 had the converter/charger mounted right next to the fridge, so we simply built a storage cabinet over it. (We also thought about building a one-person dinette style seat over it, facing the side table.) On later models they have moved the converter/charger forward. It may be moveable, some wiring running to it that would have to be moved or possibly extended.

Lots of fun customizing these models for owner preferences, and lots of very nicely done Airstreams.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote