Old 06-29-2006, 10:29 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
1978 31' Excella 500
Goose Creek , South Carolina
This is 4x4 tumbled limestone and laminate heart pine flooring. The limestone is at the entry and in the center bath, it is set with epoxy thinset on top of hardi backer that was also set with epoxy and grout was epoxy as well.
The flooring is a laminate t&g floor that needs to be stapled and or glued down, this is real heart pine laminated to a plywood backer and prefinished, very light and fairly durable. I layed the floor sideways verses longways since I was worried about buckeling do to movement during travel. I used construction adhesive and stables for the installation.
This work was done 2 years and 3000 miles ago and has held up well considering 2 kids and 2 dogs, there are some light scratches and a few minor dings in the heart pine but I can always lightly sand and recoat the floor.
The reason and best part that I used this type of flooring is that I love the warmth of the materials and that they where free . If you are flexible and don't mind hunting for a bargain take a look at salvage and discount lumber yards as well as habitat for humanity home stores, you will be amased at what you can find.

Holzarbeiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 09:30 PM   #16
Rivet Master
1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
How creative love the floor. Wish I had thought about the pine, my grandmothers house was sold last year and the person that bought it plowed it and there was some of the prettiest floors in that house if I had thought I would have salvaged the floors.

75 Sovereign (Peppy)
03 Chevy HD (lil Peppy)
Air# 9552
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:46 PM   #17
Rivet Master
1964 19' Globetrotter
The Sea Ranch , California
always great to see what others are doing

I'm curious to hear how the cork holds up, since it is such a great texture. I was going to use it in my globie- I had abuse tested samples with dogs, wine, moisture etc. I found a cork-looking vinyl, backed with fiberglass, at the local floor place (I don't have the mfr. in front of me) but I think that's the way we're going. The big thing with the cork would be the moisture, not from leaks, but just that the AS is more subject to changes in moisture in the air. I'm an Architect, and I experiment with a material to see how much it takes to destroy it before I try to get a client to try something new...

It is great to see what others are doing, to see how all these different materials look in place. Thanks!

Wherever you go, there you are
Globie64 is offline   Reply With Quote