Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Santa Fe , New Mexico
fitted sheets for trailer mattresses

Has anyone bought sheets for the Bambi sport - 22 ft. trailer? The bed in front has a curved mattress, following curve of trailer. Guess you could modify fitted sheets by taking them in on the sewing machine. Any thoughts? We are new Airstream owners.
Judypetrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Fairbanks , Alaska
Have you looked at the Airstream store online, we got some for our EB from there. They are expensive but fit the curve.

2012 1/2 Eddie Bauer, 2016 Ram Laramie 3500 SWB 4x4 6.7L Cummins 68RFE
crisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
Wise Elder

2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
Welcome

We have sheets from AB Lifestyles, which fit the curve. They are very good linens for the money.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
Sheet with new AS?

Does a new AS trailer come with a set of fitted sheets? Blankets? I see the bedspreads in the pictures of new ones but I wonder what other linens are included.
SSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:17 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Charlotte , North Carolina
Our 20's mattress has double radius corners. We purchased sheets from airstream.com. They fit nicely. Quality product.

BUT, they are expensive, and shipping took forever. The website warns "expect 3-4 week delivery". They aren't kidding. Ours took over a month.

Next time I will try out the sheets from AB Lifestyles, or maybe just find someone local who can do the alterations.
teagues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Oracle , Arizona
Since we think we are camping we use sleeping bags and don't worry about fitted sheets.
Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Denver , Colorado
We have the curved mattress in our 27'FB and I am just using my regular queen fitted sheets and it works just fine. Doesn't come sliding off. I did buy a set of sheet straps from Bed, Bath and Beyond for "just in case" but, have never had to use them.
WBCCI #4846, WBCCI DenCO Unit
Air #62992
Travel Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2013 28' International
Bozeman , Montana
Crisen and teagues:

Do the Airstream sheets have a seam between the top side and the edges of the fitted bottom sheet? I have read from others that they do but I'm wondering if it is only with some styles. The other complaint that I read with the Airstream top sheet is that it is very short. Love to have comments on this since I want to get sheets ordered soon for our new unit, especially with the long wait times.

I can't image using a sleeping bag. After paying the big bucks for a new Airstream I need to be glamping with high thread count cotton sheets.
HeadWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Fairbanks , Alaska
I'll have to check with the "Boss" as to your question on the seam, she would know. (Edit, she says as she remembers they do have a seam but she will look at ours tonight.) As to the length, yes the top sheet seems shorter than it could/should be. However it is not a lot shorter, kind of depends on how you want to make up the bed. Pat always makes beds with the sheet folded back over the top of any blanket and it is short for this. If you don't do this extra fold it would probably be ok. She is going to sew on a strip on the bottom of the top sheet to extend it for this.

I am not sure on the thread count, does it say on the website. I know the Eddie Bauer came with one set of sheets and they were less thread count than the ones you buy so Pat is going to order a second set.

2012 1/2 Eddie Bauer, 2016 Ram Laramie 3500 SWB 4x4 6.7L Cummins 68RFE
crisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #10
Wise Elder

2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSquared View Post
Does a new AS trailer come with a set of fitted sheets? Blankets? I see the bedspreads in the pictures of new ones but I wonder what other linens are included.
New trailers come with the bedspreads and some small, decorative matching pillows, but no blankets, sheets, or mattress pads.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:56 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Charlotte , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadWest View Post
Do the Airstream sheets have a seam between the top side and the edges of the fitted bottom sheet?
Ran out to the trailer real quick, made the bed, and sure enough, there is a seam all the way around where the top of the fitted sheet meets the sides. We have had those sheets for almost two years and I never noticed that before.
teagues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia

I have the Airstream sheets and they do have the seam you mentioned. This is our first trip out with them and I'm somewhat dissapointed to tell you the truth. The bottom sheet doesn't fit snugly, like I like and the top sheet is too short and I find it comes untucked at the bottom druing the night. They feel good though.
karenjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Quote:
EB models come with fitted sheets, duvet cover, comforter, and pillows ... many, many pillows.
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Norman , Oklahoma
We also broke down and purchased the sheets from Airstream. I am extremely disappointed. First of all, I could have purchased a set and altered them and they would have fit better. Yes, indeed the fit on the bottom sheet is not snug and they slip and slide around. When I first tried them on the bed, I thought "well they might shrink enough to fit". Not so lucky! The seam business is a short-cut to fitting the sheet correctly. Also, mine have pilled and for such a high quality fabric I am very surprised. I would certainly not pay the price for them again and would simply use the little straps from BB&B (or better yet the old "mitten keepers" from my kids...or make my own out of a spare flat sheet!
twinkie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2013 28' International
Bozeman , Montana
Thanks everyone for the feedback. It sounds like I'll pass on the Airstream ones.
HeadWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #16
GreenEyedTadpole

2019 19' Flying Cloud
2008 25' Classic
2005 31' Classic
2004 30' Land Yacht Gas 30
Hartwell , Georgia
We have a 2008 25FB Classic with twin beds to accommodate my husband's long legs. I purchased a set of queen sheets and divided the fitted and flat sheet in half. It was easy to sew a new seam on the flat sheets and the fitted only needed to have elastic added to one side seam. The set came with two pillow cases so we both have a nice matching case for our bunk. Purchased a regular twin set for my son's bed which is the sofa. Everything matches the interior colors. Works great and didn't break the bank.
GreenEyedTadpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
The Airstream factory mattress is 7" thick. Since we already had the sheets on order from from Airstream for their mattress, we could only order a custom 8" mattress (around $635) cut per the Airstream drawing number 703698 titled "Mattress 60 x 75 Queen 'B'" for our 25FB International.

The Rocky Mountain Mattress Company can also make custom sheets to fit their and other's custom mattresses. They also have custom memory foam pillows (about $149 per pair). I was amazed at how much better I slept using one of the memory foam pillows than with a regular pillow.

[http://www.rockymountainmattress.com]

We ordered the highest thread count sheets and matching pillow cases from Airstream (they are very proud of these sheets per the pricing) and they finally arrived at the end of their stated time frame. They fit the 8" mattress without a lot of slop. We washed them before the first use and they were warm and cozy. We found that the sheets and the Airstream supplied bed cover were enough for warmth when the trailer cooled down to about 60 degrees at night.

We have a very heavy Pendelton queen sized wool blanket for cooler adventures.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #18
GreenEyedTadpole

2019 19' Flying Cloud
2008 25' Classic
2005 31' Classic
2004 30' Land Yacht Gas 30
Hartwell , Georgia
Y
The sheets used for our twin bunks were KING SIZE not queen as I incorrectly stated in my previous post.
GreenEyedTadpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTadpole View Post
Y
The sheets used for our twin bunks were KING SIZE not queen as I incorrectly stated in my previous post.
For the rear twins in our 2004 Classic, I purchased twin x-long fitted sheets from The Company Store that were made with elastic all the way around the entire sheet. This elastic keeps the sheet fairly taut on the curved mattress with no need for alterations. It also provides room for the three inch foam toppers that I made by cutting in half a king size topper purchased at Costco. (Thanks to other posts on this forum for that idea...the electric knife worked great to cut the foam). I don't think this would work as well were there elastic only at the top and bottom of the sheet, as is true for most fitted sheets. I also have a set of the airstream factory sheets that the PO used. They are hard to fit over the toppers. I purchased matching top sheets in the regular twin size.
Ntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #20
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
Just like a boat. Difficult to find sheets that actually fit. I have the same problem with my new Cloud. I just bought Queen sheets and they kind of fit.
graysailor is offline   Reply With Quote