Old 03-24-2006, 05:33 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
Just did mine today...although not white....Cold water wash...tumble dry low,
take out when still barely damp and let air dry. Throw some Oxyclean in there with it in the wash cycle and let it sit when the tub fills for an hour or so...that should brighten it up, then let the washer finish it's cycle. Hope this helps!!

enduroryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 06:02 PM   #16
Rivet Master
2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
i own a 2005 25' international ccd w/ yellow cushions and pillows.

i don't know if it's the bright fabric or what but the yellow cushions and pillows get dirty fast (real fast).

i didn't see the drycleaning only tags before i washed (i noticed them after i washed) the two cushions from the dinette, and the three sofa pillows. using the house washing machine, on regular cycle, full water, cold setting, normal wash soap. everything turned out just fine. i hung them over the laundry room door to dry. no damage, came out clean.

trick to put back together: all the foam came wrapped in thin plastic. without using the plastic it's almost impossible to get the foam to slide seemlessly back into the cushions and pillows. use the plastic, just as it came out.

in regards to the ccd white bedspread. yep, i just washed that also. you need to be a little carefull with this item. mine, from the factory just isn't sewn together real well. i noticed this before i washed it. it ripped at a seam gently removing it from the bed.

again, i used the house washing machine, full water, cold setting, regular cycle and soap. dryed this in the dryer on high setting. came out undamaged and clean.

it seemed that this got really dirty also, but then again it's bright white, and i was boondocking. what do i know...

Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 07:07 PM   #17
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
Currently Looking...
Naples, FL , Hood River, OR
My 19CCD came to me at delivery with water stained front curtains and dinette cushions (lemon grass). I raised all kinds of hell at the dealer and was told to soak them in Woolite and if the didn't come clean, they would replace them. I said ....."I'll be back after they don't clean up!"

Follow the directions and be sure to use COLD water. I was amazed to say the least.............................
Lew Farber...RVIA Certified Master Tech...ABYC Certified Master Marine Electrician
lewster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 05:15 AM   #18
Rivet Master
1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
Kevin mentions after cleaning your cushion covers to cover the foam with plastic.....this can be easily attained at your local drycleaners. The Poly used to cover your clothes works perfecto!
enduroryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 06:24 AM   #19
Rivet Master
2004 22' International CCD
Spotsylvania , Virginia
Thanks guys for the good info on cleaning the dinette seat covers. I'll soak Lemongrass covers in Woolite and machine wash on regular cycle, full water, cold setting and normal wash soap, drip dry and use the plastic to reinsert the foam cushions. Just in time for the 2006 camping season!
2004 22' CCD
1997 F-150
AIR# 4749
ex WBCCI# 1430
rseagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 02:23 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member
1978 31' Excella 500
Slidell , Louisiana
As mentioned previously, dry clean only does not always mean "dry clean". The label often times is referring to the inside material and is often misleading.

I am a certified upholstery and fabric cleaning technician ( and have seen that many can easily be wet cleaned especially if a synthetic material. I use hot water extraction with professional quality products with good results and there are other options.

A simple burn test will help identify fabric type, inside zipper cut a small piece and burn looking to see if it beads up (synthetic) or turns to ash and crumbles (natural). If natural like cotton the cleaner may use an acidic ph cleaning solution and dry fast. (a few variables)

Also a few other things like material backing, fabric degredation and ink or markings on the cushion that could bleed through are of concern. A reputable carpet and upholstery cleaner could most likely clean the cushions.

Always ask the technician for certification which any reputable certified technician will proudly offer to verify.

MarkExc500 is offline   Reply With Quote